99 Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

99 Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

For even MORE gluten-free Thanksgiving recipes, be sure to check out the follow-up post to this
99 MORE Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes.

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on our gratitude. To take time to appreciate all that we have. This month I have been participating in a 21-Day Gratitude Meditation Series. Each morning I wake up and I dedicate a set amount of time before I start my day, to reflect on the gratitude I have for my life and those that are a part of it. It has been a wonderful journey and I don’t let a day pass by that I don’t recognize what a gift each and every moment truly is.

OK but let’s be really real and totally honest, Thanksgiving is also ALL about FOOD! Delicious, yummy, satisfying, comforting food! Rather than share a bunch of new recipes throughout this month, I thought I would take some time to pull together some of my all-time favorite Thanksgiving recipes, from here on TY and from some of my favorite bloggers. Some I have made before, some are on my menu for this year and some on my fantasy menu (if only I could have a skilled team of chefs to help me prepare an 11-course meal)!

Here is a list of some great gluten-free Thanksgiving recipes, sure to please everyone at your celebration. There is a little bit on something for all. Some of the traditional classics you’ve come to know at your holiday feasts, some lightened up and extra healthy dishes.  Some covered in cheese, some are literally just vegetables. Whatever your preferences are, I do hope that this list of Gluten-free recipes will help you plan your best Thanksgiving, yet!

Whether you are gluten-free yourself, or hosting a guest who is gluten-free this Thanksgiving, check out my tips on entertaining – How to be an Accommodating Host and a Gracious Guest. And please, if this is your first holiday season gluten-free, be sure to check out my Quick Guide to Gluten-Free, so you can be mindful and aware of all the unsuspecting places gluten could be hiding.

And now the good stuff – I’ve got 99 Recipes and Gluten Ain’t One. (sorry had to)

99 Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Dietary Legend
ALL
of the below recipes are gluten-free! Some are vegan, some paleo, some dairy-free, etc.
Use this key to easily select the recipes that will work for you:

V – Vegan

Veg – Vegetarian

P – Paleo

DF – Dairy-free

NF – Nut-free

SF – Sugar-free*

RSF – Refined Sugar-free*

* So it wasn’t repetitive and redundant, I only used these on the recipes where you could expect to find sugar or sweeteners.

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Drinks

Autumn Punch // Scout (V,NF, SF)

Simply Spiked Cider // Running to the Kitchen (V, NF) pictured above

Green Apple Ginger Martini // Gourmande in the Kitchen (V, NF, RSF)

Vegan Pumpkin Pie Martini // Tasty Yummies (V, NF, RSF)

Sizzling Ginger Cocktail // Beard and Bonnet (V, NF)

Earl Grey Whisky Cider // With Food + Love (NF, RSF)

Apple Cinnamon Whisky // So Let’s Hang Out (NF, SF)

Figtini and The Figgy Fizz // Tasty Yummies (V, NF, SF)

Cranberry Orange Spritzer // Oh My Veggies (V,NF)

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Starters/Appetizers

Grain-free Stuffed Mushrooms // Tasty Yummies (V, P)

Pumpkin Blinis // I Breath…I’m Hungry (Veg) pictured above

Stuffed Goat Cheese Balls // Anja’s Food for Though (Veg)

Crusted Pumpkin Wedges // Beard and Bonnet (V, NF)

Pumpkin Hummus // Tasty Yummies (V, NF)

Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini Bites // Tasty Yummies (V, NF)

Polenta Rounds with Eggplant Coponata // Tasty Yummies (V, NF)

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Bread/Rolls

Jalapeño Corn Bread Muffins // Tasty Yummies (Veg, DF, NF)

Paleo Pumpkin Corn Bread // Real Sustenance (P, DF, RSF, Veg, NF)

Gluten-free Dinner Rolls // Gluten-free Girl on Food52 (Veg, RSF) pictured above

Multi-Grain Bread/Rolls //Gluten-free Girl (Veg)

Flakey, Buttery Biscuits // Real Sustenance (Veg, V-Option, P, SF)

Skillet Cornbread // Gluten-free on a Shoestring (Veg, NF, SF)

Paleo Biscuits // Delciously Organic (Veg, P, SF)

Gluten-free Cheddar & Green Onion Cornbread // Tasty Yummies (Veg)

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Salads

Roasted Brussels Sprout Quinoa Salad // Queen of Quinoa (V, NF-option)

Roasted Winter Squash Salad w/ Goat Cheese & Pine Nuts // Gourmande in the Kitchen (Veg, NF-option) pictured above

Roasted Carrot & Parsnip White Truffle Salad // Beard and Bonnet (V, P, NF-option)

Lentil Salad w/ Kale, Whole Grains, Beets, Squash, Mushrooms & Pomegranate // Jeanette’s Healthy Living (DF, NF)

Autumn Harvest Salad w/ Horseradish Vinaigrette // Tasty Yummies (V, NF)

Sweet Potato Arugula & Pomegranate Salad // 80 Twenty (Veg, V-option, NF-option)

Roasted Beet Salad w/ Greens & Candied Pecans // Healthy Green Kitchen (Veg, NF-option)

Raw Butternut Squash & Kale Salad // Tasty Yummies (V, P, NF)

Roasted Root Vegetable Salad w/ Balsamic Date Dressing // Aida Mollenkamp (Veg, V-option, NF)

Massaged Kale + Blood Orange Winter Salad w/ Poppy Seed Vinaigrette // With Food + Love (Veg, DF, NF)

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Soups/Stews

Golden Beet Soup w/ Roasted Garlic Cashew Cream // With Food + Love (V, P)

Curried Delicata & Sweet Potato Bisque // So Let’s Hang Out (DF, P, NF)

Butternut Squash & Roasted Red Pepper Soup // Tasty Yummies (V, P, NF)

Spiced Carrot & Sweet Potato Soup // Jeanette’s Healthy Living (V, DF, NF, P)

Lentil Stew w/ Winter Vegetables & Mustard Greens // Nourished Kitchen (DF, NF) pictured above

Creamy Potato Leek Soup // Tasty Yummies (V, NF)

Lentil Soup w/ Lemon Yogurt Cream // So Let’s Hang Out (NF)

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Vegetarian and Vegan Mains

Roasted Veggie Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato Topping // Tasty Yummies (V, P-option, NF)

Kabocha Squash stuffed w/ Curried Wild Rice, Kale & Pomegranate Seeds // Arielle Likes to Cook (V, NF)

Chili Polenta Pot Pie // Beard and Bonnet (V, NF)

Butternut Squash Enchiladas w/ Tomatillo Sauce // Tasty Yummies (Veg)

Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Goat Cheese // Food52 (Veg, NF, P-option)

Vegan Lentil “Meatloaf” // Tasty Yummies (V)

Butternut Squash Risotto // Love and Lemons (V, NF-option)

Sweet Potato & Kale Gratin // Oh My Veggies (Veg, NF)

Vegan Vegetable Pot Pie // Tasty Yummies (V, NF-option) pictured above

Gluten-free Pumpkin Dumplings with Radicchio // Silvana Nardone (Veg, DF, NF)

Creamy Crock-Pot Pumpkin Risotto // Tasty Yummies (V, NF)

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Meaty Mains

Organic Roast Turkey with Sage Butter // Healthy Green Kitchen (P-option, NF)

Roasted Turkey with Herbed Butter // Real Food Whole Health (P-option, NF)

Rosemary Pepper Beef Rib Roast with Porcini Jus // Food & Wine (P, NF)

Butterflied Grilled Chicken // Tasty Yummies (P, NF)

Rolled Pork Roast // A Girl Worth Saving (P, DF, NF)

Roasted Turkey Breast with Bacon and Herbs // Jelly Toast (P, NF)

Roasted Beef Tenderloin // Whole Foods (DF, NF, P-Optional) pictured above

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Sides

Celery Root & Cauliflower Purée w/ Garlicky Greens… // Gourmande in the Kitchen (Veg, V-option, P, NF)

Cranberry Raspberry Relish // Fork and Beans (V, NF)

Goat Cheese Garlic Smashed Potatoes // Tasty Yummies (Veg, NF)

Roasted Pumpkin w/ Feta and Honey // Not Quite Nigella (Veg, RSF, NF)

Green Beans & Caramelized Shallots // Oh My Veggies (V, P, NF)

Garlic Maple Sweet Potato Casserole // Healthful Pursuit (V, RSF)

Persimmon Cranberry Sauce // Deliciously Organic (Veg, DF, NF, RSF)

Sweet Potato Casserole w/ Crispy Corn Flakes Topping // Family Fresh Cooking (Veg, RSF)

Ginger & Citrus Cranberry Sauce // Beard and Bonnet (V, NF)

Mashed Potatoes w/ Caramelized Onions & Goat Cheese // Sonali the Foodie Physician for Food52 (Veg, NF) pictured above

Indian-Spiced Butternut Squash Mash w/ Toasted Coconut // Tasty Yummies (V, P, NF)

Baked Sweet Potatoes w/ Caramelized Leeks, Eggplant & Goat Cheese // With Food + Love (Veg, P-option, NF)

Green Bean Casserole // Gluten-free Baking (Veg, NF)

Sweet Potato Casserole Hash // Beard and Bonnet (Veg, V-option, NF)

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Stuffings/Dressings

Grain-Free Stuffing // Deliciously Organic (Veg, P)

Vegan Cornbread Stuffing // Tasty Yummies (V, NF)

Spicy Poblano Cornbread Stuffing // Love and Lemons (V)

Paleo Cranberry Flax Stuffing // Healthful Pursuit (Veg, DF, V-option, P)

Gluten-Free Mushroom Stuffing // Tasty Yummies (Veg, NF) pictured above

Quinoa Sage Stuffing // With Food + Love (V, NF)

Cornbread Dressing //Lexie’s Kitchen (V, RSF)

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Gravy

Mushroom Gravy // She Let Them Eat Cake (V, NF) pictured above

Paleo Chicken Gravy // Health Starts in the Kitchen (P, DF, NF)

Gluten-free Gravy // Simply Gluten-free Magazine (P-option, V-option)

How-to Make Gluten-free Thanksgiving Gravy // Gluten-free Girl (NF)

“Beefy” Vegan Mushroom Gravy // The Gluten-free Vegan (V, NF)

Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes

Dessert

Apple Crisp // Tasty Yummies (V, RSF)

Grain-free Apple and Pear Crisp // So Let’s Hang Out (P, Veg)

Grain-free Maple Bourbon Pecan Tart // Tasty Yummies (DF, Veg, P-Options) pictured above

Grain-free Pumpkin Cheesecake // Real Sustenance (V, P, NF, SF)

Apple Spice Cake // Tasty Yummies (V, RSF)

Chocolate Cream Pie // Girl Makes Food (V, RSF, NF)

Grain-free Apple Pie // Deliciously Organic (RSF)

Grain-free Mini Pumpkin Pie Tarts // Tasty Yummies (V, P, RSF)

High Protein Crustless Pumpkin Pie // Healthful Pursuit (DF, P, NF, RSF)

Maple Apple Pavlova // Beard and Bonnet (DF, Veg, NF)

Paleo Apple Galette  // A Girl Worth Saving (DF, RSF)

Pumpkin Seed Toffee // Healthy Green Kitchen (Veg, NF)

Grain-free Salted Chocolate Tart // Tasty Yummies (DF, V)

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies w/ Maple Cream Filling & Cacao Nibs // Wild Roots (DF, Veg, NF, RSF)

Still didn’t get enough? Check out this group Gluten-free Thanksgiving Pinterest board I created, for even more tasty recipes! Plus, we’ll be pinning more recipes there, all the way up until Thanksgiving, so keep checking back.

Plus, for even MORE gluten-free Thanksgiving recipes, be sure to check out the follow-up post to this
99 MORE Gluten-free Thanksgiving Recipes.

1 Daphne @ Veggiestyle With Daphne November 12, 2013 at 8:25 am

What a nice idea to highlight all these nice recipes. You helped me discover some nice new blogs as well. At least new to me 😉

2 tastyyummies November 12, 2013 at 10:51 am

Thanks Daphne, I am glad you enjoy! So glad you found some new blogs in the process, too. So many great bloggers in this group, right? Feel free to share this, so even more folks can find some new blogs to follow, too 😉 Thanks for reading! xo

3 Gina @ So Lets Hang Out November 12, 2013 at 9:22 am

This is incredible and comprehensive! <3 Thanks for including some of my recipes. xoxo

4 tastyyummies November 12, 2013 at 10:52 am

Thanks so much lady! Um this girl LOVES Thanksgiving – so I took this VERY seriously. haha! So happy to include you in here. Thanks for sharing such amazing recipes :) xo

5 Liz November 12, 2013 at 10:42 am

Thank you so much for this round-up! It is exactly what I needed this year!

6 tastyyummies November 12, 2013 at 11:05 am

You are welcome Liz! Thanks for reading! Hope you have a lovely holiday and that some of these recipes make it to your table 😉

7 Kristin November 12, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Amazing bounty of recipes!
Thank you for all of your hard work!
Pinned!
K-

8 tastyyummies November 15, 2013 at 11:18 am

Thank you so much Kristin and thanks for pinning! xo

9 Amy Love @ Real Food Whole Health November 12, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Yum…THANKSGIVING!!! Thanks so much for this awesome round-up and for featuring some of our gf real food recipes :) Can’t wait to dive into these and come up with some new favorites! <3

10 tastyyummies November 15, 2013 at 11:19 am

Thanks Amy! I am so glad this is being so well received and thanks for your lovely recipes. I was so happy to include them! xo

11 Meg November 12, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Thank you for all of these great ideas! We are spending Thanksgiving with a few people who eat gluten and dairy free. This is super helpful!!

12 tastyyummies November 15, 2013 at 11:19 am

You’re welcome Meg, I am glad this will be helpful for you. I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Thanks so much for your comment.

13 Emma November 13, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Great roundup. I’m all over the desserts as is to be expected…
I wish we had Thanksgiving in England, it seems like such a nice holiday, and the food is a definite bonus!

14 tastyyummies November 15, 2013 at 11:20 am

Thanks Emma! I am so glad you enjoyed this roundup! I wish you had Thanksgiving in England too, it’s a pretty great holiday 😉

15 Brandy @ A Mindful Mantra November 13, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Such a great idea! I will definitely be testing out some of these recipes :)

16 tastyyummies November 15, 2013 at 11:21 am

Thanks Brandy! I hope you enjoy any that you make!

17 Nicole November 14, 2013 at 11:52 am

This is fantastic! My family consists of diabetic,gluten free, vegetarian, vegan and lactose free family members. These recipes are so helpful!

18 tastyyummies November 15, 2013 at 11:22 am

Thanks so much Nicole, I hope these make your holiday a little bit easier!! Thanks for the comment.

19 Troglodyte November 14, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Dairy isn’t paleo; please revise the list to reflect this.

20 tastyyummies November 15, 2013 at 11:18 am

Hi Troglodyte, any recipes marked Paleo or Paleo-options, that do contain dairy, are recipes where the dairy could very easily be subbed for something else or just left out. If I missed a recipe, please kindly let me know and I will edit it. That said, this round-up was an IMMENSE amount of work and it took a great deal of time so if I missed something or made a mistake I wouldn’t be surprised and it was purely accidental. I am sure you were trying to be helpful in your request, but I sure wish you had taken a moment to do so a bit more kindly.
Thank you and I hope you have a very wonderful day.

21 Troglodyte November 15, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Six of the “P” (not “P-option”) recipes include dairy as a main (not easily substituted) ingredient or have a dairy ingredient in the title. People looking for paleo recipes will likely be confused by or dismissive of the list if you appear to be misunderstanding their dietary requirements. These recipes include:

pumpkin blinis (parmesan cheese is used as a binder; recipe also includes butter)
stuffed goat cheese balls
baked sweet potatoes with caramelized leeks, eggplant + goat cheese
roasted thanksgiving turkey with herbed butter
organic roast turkey with sage butter
whole roasted cauliflower with whipped goat cheese

The bacon and herb roasted turkey breast calls for butter and should be listed as P-option.

I hope you find this helpful, if not sufficiently kind.

22 tastyyummies November 15, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I appreciate it. As someone that doesn’t follow a paleo diet, I did the best I could. I was under the assumption that some paleo folks allow dairy/butter and some do not, and that it was a personal preference. I guess I was mistaken. I think what I am learning is that those who include dairy consider themselves primal not pale? I can’t keep up. At any rate, the dietary labels were simply meant as a quick guide as a favor to my readers. No matter what your dietary preference is, you would have to click thru and check out the ingredients and decide for yourself if the recipe works for you, that is something we are all used to doing having restricted diets. I have edited and changed those all to “P-option” since that is what they are and I removed the “P” label completely on the blinis since I now realize that the dairy isn’t optional. Again, I hope you can look past those few mistakes and see the immense amount of work I put into this huge list and still appreciate it, regardless. Thanks again.

23 Jeanette November 15, 2013 at 11:04 am

What a wonderful resource Beth – thanks for taking the time to put this together, and for including me.

24 tastyyummies November 15, 2013 at 11:23 am

Thanks so much Jeanette! I was so happy to include you, I love your recipes. It was hard to narrow it down to just a few! xo

25 Sydney Carr November 16, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Thank you so much for this list! Now I’m actually excited about thanksgiving!

26 Flo November 17, 2013 at 7:49 am

I really appreciate reading all of your different ideas for Thanksgiving meals that are gluten free. My husband just found out he has allergies to wheat, hops, etc. and needs to eat a diet mostly gluten free. Especially with the holiday times approaching he is getting stressed out about feeling sick afterwards. So this year I am going to surprise him with some of these options around our families dinners. Is there one that is your favorite or that is really tasty!!?

I also am in my yoga 200 hour training, and loved your idea of mediation for the month of November. Thanks for your virtual help. Namaste – Flo

27 Sherrie | With Food + Love November 17, 2013 at 3:29 pm

This list is seriously comprehensive and EVERYTHING on it sounds incredible.

Thanks for including some of my recipes, XOXO. I’ll be sharing this with my readers all week!

SHERRIE

28 Ambee J November 18, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Great resource for us as we are hosting Thanksgiving!

29 Lexie November 21, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Eeeks, just saw this. And eeeks, so excited. What a superb round up of recipes. Nice work. Saves so many of us so much time! xoLexie

30 Maggie November 22, 2013 at 6:42 am

Holy link love Beth! This is an amazing post. I can’t imagine how long it must’ve taken for you to put this together. Thank you so much, you did an amazing job! And thank you for sharing my gravy :)
Have a happy Thanksgiving in your new State!

31 Jenn November 22, 2013 at 10:10 am

Are all these recipes truly gluten free?? That is amazing! My mother is GF and vegetarian(at times vegan) as well as unable to tolerate sugar! She’s been amazingly creative but sometimes I think she gets bored with her ideas. How happy I am to be able to give her this list!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

32 tastyyummies November 22, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Yup all are gluten-free!! Hope this helps!!

33 Amanda November 24, 2013 at 10:22 am

Thank you so much for the work you put into this list! I found several options that will hopefully work for us, I have a 7 year old daughter who is gluten sensitive and a 2 year old son who is lactose intolerant. Thank you again for all your hard work!

34 Alyssa November 25, 2013 at 5:27 am

Can’t believe I’m only finding this now…but yay!! Thanks so much for putting such an awesome list together, Beth. I’m definitely going to be sharing with my readers this week :) Can’t believe T-day is only 4 days away!! xxoo

35 Nicko November 26, 2013 at 9:29 am

Beth!
Let just say you have made your way into my desktop.

I will work my way down the list.

Thanks!

36 Josie @ SharingMom.com November 27, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Thanks for this great list! Have a great Thanksgiving!

37 MYNDI ORR November 30, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Hi :)
As someone very new to cooking completely vegan and gluten free this has been so helpful! Thank you very much! I look forward to learning many more recipes to try on my family (who all love gluten BTW)…But my husband is excited to try something gluten free that doesn’t taste like it is-Lol

38 Judee @ Gluten Free A-Z Blog November 6, 2014 at 4:02 am

Thank you for this wonderful collection of recipes. I’m working my way through the vegetarian and gluten free baking recipes. Pinning as I go. Thanks

39 Noreen November 2, 2015 at 6:03 am

What a treat to come across all these fabulous recipes all in one place….thankyou so very much