No. 47 | The Psychology of Behavior Change with Kasey Jo Orvidas, Ph.D.
Mindset, habits and what to do when everything changes.
In this episode we dig into the psychology of behavior change and how to navigate times of adversity through habits, mindset and behaviors.
In this episode we cover:
- Habit discontinuity
- Aligning your choices with your goals and using lifestyle shifts to your benefit
- Motivations, willpower, self control or even just intentions – habits overrule all of them
- The power of habits
- Fixed vs. growth mindset
- The double-edged sword affect of growth mindset
- Thinking emotionally vs. logically rationally
- Walking through negative thought patterns from a cognitive behavior therapy perspective
- How to harness the stress and energy you are feeling right now
- Using times of adversity as time to establish new behavior changes and habits
- Using cue, routine, reward
- Habit stacking
- Reframing, acceptance and awareness
- and so much more.
About Kasey Jo Orvidas
Kasey is a certified health and fitness coach and also holds a PhD in psychology, her expertise is in health behavior change. She has transformed hundreds of lives (and minds) in her coaching career, while also being published in multiple peer reviewed research journals for her work exploring the relationship between mindset and healthy behaviors.
Kasey places a strong emphasis on the importance of not just what we say to our clients, but how – and uses her unique background to efficiently and effectively communicate with clients. She teaches other coaches how to do this too, via mentorship programs.
In addition to coaching, Kasey is a writer and member of the scientific review board for Legion Athletics, where she shares her knowledge and passion for all things fitness, nutrition and psychology.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
A Simple How-to Guide for Cooking, Prepping + Making the Most Out of Your Food + Skills
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING:
Since we are still pretty new on iTunes, please do us a solid and SUBSCRIBE and of course, we would be honored if you took the time to rate and review the show, this will help more people find us and help the show to grow! If you liked this episode or others, please share on social media and tag us, share with friends and family, etc – this means the world!