“Habits are the compound interest of self improvement”
In episode 09 of the Between Meals Podcast, I am joined by guest James Clear as we talk all about How to Make Tiny Changes, Master Your Habits and Live Your Best Life. James and I chat all about his recently released NY Times Best Selling book Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones and the importance of building systems that work for you!
In this episode James and I are chatting all about behavior change, how to investigate and design your environment, physically and socially, to support your desired identity changes, along with reducing friction to maximize your success. Plus we discuss how important it is to creating systems for implementing small habits each day that allow you to move in alignment with the person you believe you are meant to be. Whether it’s your health and nutrition, fitness goals or relationships, maybe it’s building your new business as an entrepreneur, you will learn the common mistakes most people make when changing habits but most importantly some simple tips for how to put all of these ideas into practice in real life!!
James Clear is a writer and speaker focused on habits, decision-making, and continuous improvement. He is the author of the New York Times best seller, Atomic Habits. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Time Magazine, and on CBS This Morning. More than 400,000 people subscribe to his popular email newsletter at jamesclear.com. He is a regular speaker at Fortune 500 companies and his work is used by teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB.
Between Meals Podcast. Episode 09 with James Clear:
How to Make Tiny Changes, Master Your Habits and Live Your Best Life
In This Episode of the Between Meals Podcast, We Talk About:
- true behavior change is really identity change
- it isn’t motivation and there isn’t a need to push yourself to be somebody else, you are just acting in alignment with who you already believe that you are.
- how do we form our self image?
- outcome based habits vs identity based habits
- how social media and news perpetuate a results based society
- focus on the feeling of fulfilling our potential
- organize habits around your identity to reinforce your identity
- why we don’t want to lose sight of the 1%. The importance of the tiny curve.
- time magnifies the margin between success and failure. Show up and letting time work for you.
- habits are the compound interest of self improvement
- what to do when you aren’t seeing the changes?
- the ultimate form of immediate satisfaction is a reinforcement of your desired identity
- casting votes for your desired identity
- the importance of habits being satisfying
- choose habits that deliver more joy and satisfaction
- invisible factors for success
- the importance of “never miss twice”
- and soooo much more!!
I think you all are really going to love this episode – I truly feel like this is a MUST-LISTEN FOR EVERYONE looking to implement healthy habits!
AND SO MUCH MORE!
As always, we finish the show with a fun game of Would You Rather? and please be sure to stick around for the wrap-up portion where Mark and I chat about what we learned and ways
Show Notes + References:
- jamesclear.com – to sign up for James’ amazing newsletter
- Get Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
Thank you to our sponsor:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING:
Since we are still pretty new on iTunes, please do us a solid and SUBSCRIBE and of course, we would be honored if you took the time to rate and review the show, this will help more people find us and help the show to grow! If you liked this episode or others, please share on social media and tag us, share with friends and family, etc – this means the world!