This Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is the key to take any dish from ‘meh’ to “HELL YEAH”! This aromatic, bright, fresh dressing is super versatile, it’s keto, paleo, vegan, Whole30 and AIP compliant and a must to have on hand!
The secret to tasty home cooking is little more than understanding how to properly and season even the most basic foods. Salt and pepper, garlic and acid, fresh herbs – it’s all so simple and so impactful. This simple vinaigrette combines all of that into one tasty dressing, sauce or finishing move!
To know me is to know that I live for a daily Big F*ckin’ Salad and roasted veggies are my favorite thing ever. This Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is perfect on these, drizzled over cauliflower rice, on top of roasted chicken or steak, drizzled over a frittata or eggs, over your favorite fish and so much more.
This recipe was originally shared as part of this delicious Mixed Green Salad with Steam Fried Veggies and has since turned into a staple around here. It’s like a chimichurri of sorts.
This Lemon Basil Vinaigrette comes together in just about 5 minutes and you can store it for up to 7 days in the refrigerator, but I promise it won’t last that long.
If you want to get creative and make your own salad dressings:
Looking for more dressing and vinaigrette recipes try these:
- 1 small garlic clove or 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 cups packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, adjust to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to your high-speed blender. Blend until super smooth, about 1 minute.
- Adjust salt and pepper, as needed. Add a little water or more olive oil to thin it out, as preferred.
- Serve right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge up to a week. It's best served at room temperature.