Happy Fall Everyone. I am so excited we are finally in my favorite season of the year. To me, THIS is most wonderful time of the year. Cooler temperatures, darker days, comfort food, sweaters and snuggling up while we watch Sunday football. Who is with me?
Living in Southern California, summoning those Autumnal vibes can be a bit of challenge, as you can imagine, with the summer heat lingering on just a bit longer than we’d like, the sunshine and the palm trees (no, I am NOT complaining) we just have to get a little more creative here!
I am a huge fan of tradition, especially the seasonal ones, so today I am sharing 5 of my favorite simple ways to embrace the fall vibes so you don’t let this amazing season pass you by!
5 Ways to Embrace the Fall Vibes
1) Get yourself that Pumpkin Spiced Latte. Better yet, make one yourself at home without any weird ingredients. There’s nothing quite like the aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg, that feeling of a warm mug in your hands. I make my own pumpkin spice blend every year and I insist that my PSL have actual pumpkin in them. It’s my favorite. If you aren’t one for coffee, maybe aan adult beverage like a Pumpkin Spiced Martini will do ya? Or how about some easy to make Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter or Maple Glazed Pumpkin Spice Almonds.
2) Embrace the scents of fall, turn your home into an aromatic autumnal haven. I love to diffuse these 100% pure essential oil blends in this Autumn Treasure set from Plant Therapy throughout our entire house. It’s an incredible way to shift your home from summer into fall. The natural warming, gently spiced aromas instantly gets you in the mindset of all things fall, the comfort, the coziness, the feel goodness. If you are anything like me, scents are a HUGE memory trigger and these blends have transported me back to update New York where I grew up, every time I diffuse them. I can feel smell the woodsy vibes as if the leaves were crunching right under my boots, I can smell my mom’s apple crisp bubbling over in the oven. Besides diffusing these scents you can also use them in DIY projects, I recently added the Spiced Orange to a homemade wreath I made. These essential oil blends are the perfect way to instantly get yourself into the fall mood and even better they are 100% PURE no synthetic fragrances, no concern for sourcing and no buying from reps with this family-owned and run business.
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for a super special offer from Plant Therapy. But, don’t wait, it’s only good until September 25.
3) Make a HUGE pot of cozy, warming, comforting soup or stew. Might I suggest my Smoky Sweet Potato and Apple Soup or Curried Butternut Squash Soup with Maple Turmeric Roasted Pepitas. Both are quite literally fall in a bowl! If you want something a bit more hearty, try my Slow Cooker Fall Carnitas. To me the best part about fall is the cozy, comforting, spicy bowl foods!!
4) Get outside! With the crisp air, the beautiful changing leaves and all the vibrant colors, get out there and go for a run or a hike. Take a brisk walk at sunset, enjoy the cooler night air and the earlier darkness. Go apple picking, head to a pumpkin patch or maybe find a farm in your area that you can tour and enjoy the last of the season’s harvest. This is my favorite time of year to visit farms.
5) Treat yo’self to a cute, new pair of boots, a jacket you’ve had your eyes on, or grab that cozy cableknit fall sweater or flannel you wanna curl up in – you deserve it. To me, there’s nothing quite like fall fashion. The layers, the colors, the cozy feel-good vibes. My favorite!
BONUS: Slow Down, Reflect and Set Fall Intentions
If you are like me, I find that the shift in the seasons to be a wonderful time to slow down, to set intentions and reflect. Fall is a wonderful time to honor both the light and the dark. The feminine and the masculine. I find something so soothing about the equanimity of this season! A little reset on the natural balance I absolutely crave as a libra!
As we head into darker times (and the busier times with the holidays on the horizon), it’s an amazing invitation to turn toward the light within. The perfect time to reflect and release on the fullest expression of vibrant light and activity from our summer months as it gives way to the stillness of shadow in fall.
Take a moment with the start of this new season for reflection on this past season and to let go of what is no longer serving you and to set intentions for the months ahead.
– What positive seeds have you harvested?
– What negative seeds have you harvested?
– What areas of your life need more balance?
– How can you transition to a lifestyle of balance?
How do you embrace the vibes of fall?
>> However you do it, don’t let autumn pass you by, it’s often over before you know it! Throw on your sweater, grab your hot drink, inhale the spiced aromas and embrace every single moment, this fall!
Plant Therapy’s 100% PURE Essential Oils
Plant Therapy is a brand that is relatively new to me, but I have quickly fallen in love with their products and their mission. With all of their affordable high-quality essential oils and blends being 100% pure, there are no synthetic fragrances or toxic chemicals to be worried about! This trust comes by way of a family owned business, that sells direct to consumers, so no need to purchase through a rep.
Their new Autumn Treasures fall blends set is only available for a limited time and as a super special gift for the Tasty Yummies’ fam if you use coupon code FALLDEAL until 9/25 you will save over $17. Get the full Autumn Treasures fall blends set plus this gorgeous Rose Gold Diffuser for just $62 (normal retail price is $79.90).
This post and recipe were created in partnership with Plant Therapy. I am proud to work with brands that care about the health of its consumers and the planet. As always, all opinions, ideas and text are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for Tasty Yummies.