It only seems fair after the rash of sweets recipes that has filled this website over the last week, to give you a solid savory recipe. Seeing as savory, salty and crunchy are definitely my personal, crave-worthy foods. These 4-ingredient Grain-free Everything Bagel Crackers are my everything, this is my kind of snacking!
The amount of options for gluten-free crackers in the snack aisle at the grocery store is kind of mind-blowing to me. I still remember what it was like 12 years ago when I first shifted to a gluten-free diet. There was absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. Now there are far too many options, but the problem still exists, as it does with most processed and packaged foods, vetting the ingredients. Trying to find an option that isn’t highly processed and loaded with strange ingredients, it’s just damn near impossible.
As with just about anything, my thought process is, if you want it, make it! You always know what you are getting and you can get creative with flavors. These grain-free, almond flour based crackers are the perfect snack. They have the bite and crunch of a wheat-thin crackers and the savory, salty Everything Bagel Spice Blend on top is what my savory, snacking dreams are made of.
These crispy crackers are incredible just on their own, or pair them with a goat cheese dip or spread, your favorite dairy-free “cheese”, I am particularly fond of them with this Savory Herbed Cashew Pumpkin Dip or this Creamy Dairy-Free Spinach Dip. They are a great option to have with guacamole and they are out of this world with my Green Tahini Sauce.
As we head into the holidays and all the entertaining, I have a feeling these crackers will be making many appearances at lots of shindigs!
Grain-free Everything Bagel Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk the egg. Add the almond flour and sea salt, stirring bring together. Knead a few times in the bowl until dough comes together well. Roll the dough into a ball and form the ball into a disk.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out between 1/16" and 1/8" thickness.
- Remove the top paper. Using a cookie cutter, pizza cutter or knife, cut into your desired shape, approximately 2-inches in diameter. Save the scraps and re-roll it to get more crackers. Move the cut crackers, along with the parchment they are on, to the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a bit over Everything Bagel Blend on top of each cracker.
- Bake the crackers for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly golden brown, rotating the pan once. Watch carefully from 8 minutes on, so they don't burn. The crackers around the edge of the pan will brown much more quickly, so those can be pulled sooner to the cooling rack and then return the pan back to the oven to finish baking the remaining center crackers.
- Allow the crackers to cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely, before transferring them to an airtight container or bag and store at room-temperature.