Tahini is my life blood. If you aren’t yet aware of what tahini is, it is a condiment made from toasted ground hulled sesame seeds, with a consistency similar to other nut butters. It has come to be one of my most coveted pantry staples. I almost always have a homemade tahini dressing or sauce of some sort, on hand, if not two. My garlic tahini, or some variation on it, is mainstay in my kitchen weekly.
Recently with all the fresh, local herbs in season I have been veering off and getting a bit more creative with my tahini sauce. This vibrant, herby, Green Tahini Sauce is so versatile. It’s wonderful simply as a dip for crudités, grain-free crackers or chips. It makes am amazing creamy, salad dressing for a traditional green salad, or better yet the perfect way to dress up a summer potato salad. It’s a lovely compliment to grain and veggie bowls or simply just steamed, roasted or sautéed vegetables of any and all kinds. It is also great in place of mayo on sandwiches. This Green Tahini is also a wonderful sauce for seafood, chicken and pork, especially when grilled or roasted.
This Green Tahini Sauce can be thrown together in mere minutes and take an otherwise ho hum meal to absolutely spectacular. Stay tuned for a delicious summer-inspired grilled recipe later this week, featuring this delicious sauce.
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Terra Delyssa Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- water, as needed.
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender. Process until bright green, smooth and creamy (sauce should be the consistency of sour cream or a thin mayonnaise); add water as necessary to thin to desired consistency, season with salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, for up to 1 week.
Terra Delyssa is a sponsor of Tasty Yummies. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for Tasty Yummies.