No. 46 | Hormone Healing Part 1 with Amanda Montalvo, RD, FDN-P, Women’s Health Dietitian
In this episode we touch on the foundations of hormone healing with Amanda Montalvo a women’s health dietitian that helps women get to the root cause of hormone imbalances and have healthy menstrual cycles.
In this episode we cover:
- Healing hormones and why they are often last to respond when healing
- The implications for thyroid imbalances
- Looking at lab results that are “in range” or “normal” vs. using “functional lab ranges” and symptom presentation
- Simple metrics to track for assessing progress with hormone health
- Symptoms that point to hormone imbalances
- Where to get started with healing your hormones
- The importance of tracking
- Eating enough and why it matters so much
- The importance of consistency
- Functional foods to support hormone health
- Implications of mineral testing
- Gut health is a root cause, but what else is going on that could be affecting your healing?
- The impact that our gut health has on our hormone health
- What non-food related factors and other lifestyle impact hormone health
- and so much more.
Stay tuned for Hormone Healing Part 2 with Amanda
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING:
Since we are still pretty new on iTunes, please do us a solid and SUBSCRIBE and of course, we would be honored if you took the time to rate and review the show, this will help more people find us and help the show to grow! If you liked this episode or others, please share on social media and tag us, share with friends and family, etc – this means the world!