No. 41 | Learning to Love and Forgive Yourself
In this episode I am joined by Meg Doll and we chat all about learning to love and forgive yourself and how self acceptance is the key to moving beyond needing to be fixed.
In this episode:
- Meg reflects on the first time in her life, feeling the need to be fixed and feeling like she wasn’t good enough.
- Struggling with disordered eating, beginning at the age of 10.
- Why we need to be nourished in order to thrive.
- How Meg finds gratitude for the pain she experienced through disordered eating.
- When the fear of food escalates.
- How to recognize if the patterns are disordered eating?
- Disassociating from your thoughts.
- The importance of taking care of yourself.
- When does control become the issue?
- How control expands into other areas of your life?
- Realizing the number on the scale is B.S.!
- You are the ONLY one who can dictate how you feel about yourself.
- Finding body neutrality.
- Diving into the beliefs you are holding onto that / subconscious / old narratives and beliefs.
- Self forgiveness and placing loving where there wasn’t loving before.
- Using your intuition.
- Signs that you are underfed.
- Eating intentionally vs. intuitively.
- Looking at your body through a new lens.
Meg Doll is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Restorative Wellness Practitioner, and Certified Spiritual Coach passionate about leading women to mental strength, emotional intelligence, and a loving relationship with self through consciousness, self compassion, forgiveness, and loving. Visit her website here. She has a weekly podcast, Unbreakable You, and you can always find her on Instagram at @iammegdoll
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING:
Since we are still pretty new on iTunes, please do us a solid and SUBSCRIBE and of course, we would be honored if you took the time to rate and review the show, this will help more people find us and help the show to grow! If you liked this episode or others, please share on social media and tag us, share with friends and family, etc – this means the world!