This creamy rich, California Avocado ranch chicken salad recipe is a delicious, easy, everyday dairy-free recipe, it is also Paleo, Keto and Whole30 compliant!
When it comes to easy meals on the go, for me, it always starts with quality protein and healthy fat. A meal that starts with these two staple macronutrients means more balanced blood sugar, adequate satiation and satisfaction levels and less of a need for all day snacking.
Whether you follow a paleo approach to your eating, keto or low carb, if you are simply focusing on a balance nutrient-dense, whole foods diet, this simple recipe can be made with leftover batch prepped shredded chicken or a roasted or rotisserie chicken and it’s great for prepping ahead for the week for easy quick lunches or even a quick breakfast option.
Serve on top of your favorite greens in California Avocado boats, on your favorite toasts or with crackers, however you want to enjoy it.
We love chicken salads for easy, fast meals. Most weeks I prep a few pounds of shredded chicken in the Instant Pot or we grab a rotisserie chicken at the market, this makes for fast meals and lots of versatility. You can also buy pre-cooked chicken, or make shredded chicken in a slow cooker with enough chicken broth to cover and cook it for 4 hours on low.
This California Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad features my easy-to-make, dairy-free avocado ranch dressing with California Avocados as the star of the show, bringing rich, creamy goodness without dairy or eggs. Best part, you can use this amazing California Avocado ranch dressing here in the chicken salad, or whip it up quickly and thin it out a bit to dress your favorite salad or leave it on the thicker side for a delicious dip for fresh veggies.
I love how quickly this can get put together with minimal ingredients and so much satiating and flavorful goodness.
- makes approx. 8oz dressing
- 1 Fresh California Avocado, seeded
- ¼ - ⅓ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chives
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a food process or the butcher of a high speed blender. Start with the ¼ cup of non-dairy milk, continuing to add more as needed to reach your desired consistency, you may want to add upwards of ½ cup for a thinner dressing. You can also use a hand-held immersion blender.
- Cover and refrigerate; eat within 3-5 days.
Add as much non-dairy milk or water to thin to your desired consistency
You can use fresh herbs in place of dried, I recommend approximately 1 tablespoon of each of the herbs. 1 small clove of garlic and 2 tablespoons fresh onion
Depending on your dietary preferences, to make your California Avocado Ranch dressing creamy like a traditional ranch dressing you can also add in ¼ cup greek yogurt or ¼ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced, chilled
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup dice red onion
- ¾ cup California avocado ranch dressing (more or less to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the chicken, celery and onion to a medium mixing bowl. Add desired amount of avocado ranch and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve in California Avocado, on toast, over a salad or enjoy as is.
- Refrigerate, eat within 3-5 days.
This post is sponsored by the California Avocado Commission but all opinions are my own.