Snickerdoodle Smoothie {Gluten-free and Vegan}

Snickerdoodle Smoothie - Gluten-free and Vegan

I am not above having cookies for breakfast, I may have done that a time or two.  But, generally I prefer smoothies in the mornings. They are so quick to put together and the variations on flavors and add-ins are really endless. So, why not combine the two and make a smoothie inspired by a cookie?

Up the street from my house is a smoothie/juice shop that is pretty amazing and so convenient. Meg and I love taking walks there to grab a couple smoothies and to catch up since we saw each other last. Most of the time, I have instant guilt when I spend $7 – $10 on a smoothie that I could easily make myself at home, but it’s a great convenience for when I don’t have the desire to or when I want something a little different.

In early February the smoothie shop featured a Snickerdoodle Smoothie that I had to try and I instantly both fell in love and also realized that I should be making something similar at home. My version is made with different ingredients, but that same flavor is there. Theirs included Maca which I can’t seem to consume at all and I think they may have also added hemp seeds to it, I honestly can’t recall what was in there. I decided to simplify it to what I had on hand and what I like best. I am just gonna go ahead and say it, mine is way better! There!

To me, the best part of this smoothie is the flavor and texture from the rolled oats, not something I usually put in my smoothies (since I prefer to limit my grains whenever possible) but a really nice addition. The oats really brings the cookie flavor to life, the texture makes it different from other smoothies and it ends up being a bit more substantial.

Of course the spices are what really bring the Snickerdoodle flavor to life. I put a lot of cinnamon in this smoothie, both for the flavor and all of the amazing benefits.

Snickerdoodle Smoothie - Gluten-free and Vegan

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links – your cost remains the same, but I earn a small percentage to help support this blog. Thank you!

1 Lexi @ Lexi's Clean Kitchen February 26, 2014 at 7:24 am

Beth, this looks and sounds fantastic. I love that it’s loaded with healthy fats, good carbs, and protein! Perfect way to start the day. :)

2 tastyyummies February 26, 2014 at 8:03 am

Thanks so much Lexi :) I’m off to have one right now!!

3 Kylie @ immaeatthat February 26, 2014 at 11:10 am

I love almond butter in smoothies! It makes them taste like cake batter to me…which is a wonderful thing. Can’t wait to try this out!!!!

4 tastyyummies February 26, 2014 at 11:18 am

I agree Kylie, such a great add-in with smoothies. One of my favorites for sure! I hope you like this when you make it. It’s a favorite over here now.

5 Jennifer S @Sterling Sweets February 26, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Wow! This smoothie looks fantastic. The snickerdoodle is one of my favorite cookies so I can’t wait to give this a try!

6 Laura Dembowski February 26, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I saw this on Instagram and had to come check it out. I sometimes eat cookies or even pie or cake for breakfast, but smoothies are my favorite way to start the day. Love this creative recipe that combines both worlds!

7 Maggie February 27, 2014 at 11:55 am

Woah Beth! You’re totally speaking my smoothie language! Love the addition of oats. If you can have eggs for dinner, why can’t you have cookies for breakfast. Right?

8 Heather February 27, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Just tried this smoothie and it was so delicious! Thank you so much for this! :) Just started following your blog, and I’m so happy I did!

9 Kathy February 27, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Thank you dear Beth for sharing your awesome recipe and awesome photo’s! Bravo!

10 Sarah Gamble February 28, 2014 at 10:15 am

Oh my goodness, this was delicious!! Yum!!

11 Meg @ Beard and Bonnet February 28, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Oh man, that smoothie and our walks are the best. Next time how about you make the smoothies, Ill bring cookies, and we can just walk without buying something:)

12 kristen February 28, 2014 at 7:06 pm

o sweet mother of all things holy, I have all of these ingredients right this second. this smoothie is happening tomorrow.

13 Michelle February 28, 2014 at 9:18 pm

I can’t wait to try this after I finish my Elimination Diet…..of coarse I have no clue what snickerdoodles are but this smoothie sounds so good ;)

14 KC March 1, 2014 at 10:19 pm

This sounds sooo yummy! I just found your blog this weekend while looking for gluten free recipes for my family. I fear one of my daughters might have a gluten intolerance and I wanted to see if her moods improve without gluten.

You have created such a wonderful space here. It’s truly a great resource! I feel so inspired.

15 Carrie March 2, 2014 at 7:08 am

I just made this! I didn’t have any GF oats on hand so I used some coconut flour and almond flour to try and thicken it up… it’s a little thin but it tastes wonderful! Thanks!

16 Jenni March 8, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Sooooo scrummy… Loved it!

17 Laura Barna March 9, 2014 at 7:34 am

Made this for breakfast today and YUM! I used half a fresh banana and just added a handful of ice to make it colder. Also, since I’m out of almond butter I used sunflower seed butter. Was still delicious. Will be adding this to my morning rotation!!

18 Michelle March 17, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I just tried this and swapped the shredded coconut out for some coconut kefir I had made and what a beautiful breakfast :), thanks for sharing

19 tastyyummies March 18, 2014 at 7:50 am

Yay that’s great to hear, love that addition. Thanks for sharing. I am glad you liked it.