Grain-Free Blueberry Almond Breakfast Cookies – Gluten-free + Vegan

Grain-Free Blueberry Almond Breakfast Cookies - Gluten-free + Vegan

After sharing just some of the many gluten-free breakfast options in my post last week, I thought it would be appropriate to create a simple breakfast recipe for this week. I know beyond those that are gluten-free, many people now follow a completely grain-free diet, as well. These cookies and many other gluten-free baked goods can be easily made with almond flour and you would never know they are grain-free. If you haven’t yet experimented with almond flour, you must. These blueberry breakfast cookies are moist and full of flavor and I love the tasty bright bursts when you bite into the blueberries, plus the flavor from the almonds — they compliment each other so well. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t love cookies for breakfast?

Grain-Free Blueberry Almond Breakfast Cookies - Gluten-free + Vegan

I am sharing this recipe today as part of my ongoing restricted diet series with Free People. Head over to the Free People Blog BLDG 25 for this Grain-Free Blueberry Almond Breakfast Cookie recipe.

Grain-Free Blueberry Almond Breakfast Cookies - Gluten-free + Vegan

1 Simply called food July 18, 2013 at 7:49 am

That really looks good!

2 Alissa N July 18, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Cookies for breakfast? Yes please!! These seem like they will be almost scone like, and scones are mighty popular with my family so I am definitely going to need to make these!! So pretty too!

3 tastyyummies July 18, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Thanks Alissa. It’s funny, I originally planned on scones, but as I got to playing with the dough and realized it would be a bit more fragile, I decided on cookies. Plus, I will be honest, getting that scone shape just right seemed like wayyyy too much work when cookies are as great an option ;) And yeh cookies for breakfast, I mean come on! haha

4 Hillarey Rose July 19, 2013 at 4:18 am

Hi Alissa,
I just fell upon your website while browsing through other food blogs and I have to say these vegan cookies look amazing (and I’m not even vegetarian!)..I think your site is really beautiful and inspiring to live a healthy life :)

5 tastyyummies July 19, 2013 at 11:18 am

Thanks Hillarey! My name is actually Beth, but thanks for your nice words and for stopping by to leave a comment, either way ;)

6 Hillarey Rose July 19, 2013 at 11:24 am

oops! sorry Beth!, I must’ve been looking at the comment above :)

7 Tish July 23, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I came accross your site when figuring out what would be best for me when trying to loose some weight. I love the food ideas and cant wait to try them

8 Carol July 28, 2013 at 10:32 am

Hi Beth — I tried making these cookies this morning, but had a really hard time getting the blueberries to stay in the dough. The dough was pretty stiff. I ended up making cookies that were at least double the size and the blueberries were still were falling out. Any suggestions? Could I make a wetter dough? Thanks! — Carol

9 tastyyummies July 30, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Oh no. Weird that it would turn out dry and stiff for you, my dough tended towards being more moist. What type of almond flour did you use?

10 Carol July 30, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I used the Bob’s Red Mill brand. The dough wasn’t dry exactly, but it just wouldn’t kind of stick to the berries. I wonder if I left some crucial ingredient out… Anyway, they tasted delicious, so it wasn’t a bust by any means. I will try them again and see if I get the same results.

11 Jackie August 3, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I love reading your blog and you always have great recipes. I was really excited to try the blueberry almond breakfast cookie, but the link to the other website won’t work. Would you be able to post the recipe on here instead? Thanks!

12 Eric Bailey November 17, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Glad I found your site. I’m gluten and lactose intolerant

13 nancy blumberg January 30, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Would love your Grain-Free Blueberry Almond Breakfast Cookies and followed directions to the Free People Blog Site without finding or finding a link to your recipe. Not nice! Please share with a more friendly site.

Thanks,
N

14 tastyyummies February 3, 2014 at 10:17 am

Hi there Nancy, I am sorry, but I am not sure what the problem is or what the complaint is in regards to? There is a clear link above to the full recipe on the Free People site. The link works and goes right to the recipe. Couldn’t be much more friendly. I am sorry you feel it isn’t nice. Here is a direct link to the recipe again – http://blog.freepeople.com/2013/07/grainfree-blueberry-almond-breakfast-cookies/

15 Morgan March 17, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Hi there! I made these this weekend and they tasted amazing, but my dough was a little wet and they actually flattened out completely while baking and because of this overcooked. Any ideas?? Have you had this happen? Thank you!!

16 tastyyummies March 18, 2014 at 8:08 am

Hi Morgan, what type of almond flour did you use? It’s very important that it’s blanched almond flour not almond meal. They are definitely a moist cookie but as you can see in the photos, mine didn’t flatten out. I am sorry they didn’t work out for you. Maybe next time go with a bit more than 2 cups of flour?