Tortillas are one of the best vessels for food and I dare anyone to challenge that! Keeping with the theme of our chipped beef as part of our Protein Prep Method, let us introduce our chipped beef quesadillas. If you’ve made the chipped beef for easy meal prep, you are going to need to add this to your list of recipes to use that beef with. Check out our Chipped Beef Recipe for meal prep here.
These quesadillas are super simple and take hardly any time at all to make. The key is to prep all of your add ins so they are ready to go in the quesadilla because this recipe takes minutes.
Some people aren’t into the leftover game, but I suggest you make extras! These reheat great in the oven at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes. If you’re in the office a microwave or toaster oven also work well. This recipe goes with that saying, “cook once and eat for the week.”
We prefer Siete cassava flour tortillas and if you can find them, we love the burrito size because the fold helps keep everything in, you can also use a regular sized tortilla on any kind. The trick with these tortillas is to spray your pan with a tinyyy bit of avocado oil spray or you can use any time of cooking fat but just a tiny bit. Heat the tortilla on low on one side until you see golden spots start to appear. These tortillas need to be heated before folding otherwise they are likely to tear.
This is when you want to pick up your pace and make sure you have all of your add ins sliced and ready to go. Flip the tortilla. Add a sprinkle of Mexican cheese all around the tortilla, if dairy free you can use the Siete queso and spread that around or try this homemade cashew cream sauce, it would be DELICIOUS in here, especially with a little chipotle. On half of the tortilla add in the chopped chipped beef, Pico de Gallo, pickled jalapenos, bell peppers, Siete diary free queso, red onion, hot sauce, and cilantro. You might also love Quick Pickled Red Onions and if you have a the time, a quick homemade restaurant style salsa on the side.
Fold the tortilla in half. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes until the tortilla is crispy then flip and do the same for the other side. Move to a cutting board and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. While this is resting follow the same directions and make another quesadilla. We’ve found that one quesadilla will feed 2 kids or 1 adult.
If you don’t have the Chipped Beef prepped, you can also use batch prepped or leftover ground beef or really any other protein that you have on hand.
Don’t be afraid to use what you have in your fridge. If you have roasted veggies add those in if you have other sauces, you like use them. Quesadillas are one of the easiest ways to use leftovers and make meal prepping for kids super easy. Don’t forget to let us know what add ins you use in your quesadillas and tag us on Instagram!
- 2-4 Siete burrito tortillas 4-6 tortillas if using standard Siete size (corn or flour tortillas can also be used)
- 2 pounds chipped beef
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese (raw cheddar, Siete Queso or cashew cream saucee will work if dairy free)
- 3 tablespoons red onion (pickled red onion would also be delicious)
- 1 tablespoon sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of choice
- 3 tablespoons Pico de Gallo
- After cooking the chipped beef, chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat large pan on low. Place a small amount of oil or cooking spray in the pan. Place tortilla in pan and cook until golden brown bubbles start to form about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip the tortilla. Place whatever cheese or non-dairy cheese you are using all over the tortilla.
- On half of the tortilla add the chipped beef, Pico de Gallo, red onion, jalapenos, hot sauce, squeeze of fresh lime and another other add ins you like.
- Close the tortilla by folding in half. Cook for 3-6 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Move to a cutting board and let rest 3-5 minutes. Slice into 4-5 pieces.
- Repeat 3 more times if serving 4 adults, 2-3 more times if serving 1-2 adults and a child.