Easy Roasted Chicken is a staple meal, that guarantees meal prepping and meal planning success! This no-fail, foolproof approach to Roasted Chicken takes just a few ingredients and a thermometer, for you to master. Grab the recipe for my Easy Roasted Chicken and enter to win a set of Copper Chef Wonder Cooker pans.
There is nothing quite like an impressive meal that requires very little fuss. There is also something to be said for those cozy, beloved meals that bring comfort, despite how basic they may be.
An easy roasted chicken has the power to comfort. Read on for not only my simple technique for roasted chicken but also for an amazing giveaway for this beautiful, versatile Copper Chef Wonder Cooker.
I am super excited about this new Copper Chef Wonder Cooker that I have had the pleasure of experimenting and playing with over the last week. This 14-in-1 multi-cooker set is not only impressive in the many ways that you can use it, but it’s a stunner, a perfect addition to any foodie’s kitchen collection.
I have been loving the roasting pans, the shallow pan, that I used for my roast chicken gave my veggies the perfect golden brown caramelization, without burning anything and that chicken got the most perfect golden brown, crispy skin. I am not sure I have ever made a more perfect roast chicken.
I love that the shallow roaster also doubles as a stove top grill pan and it can become a lid for the deeper casserole pan, turning it into a Dutch oven. The copper crisper basket fits into either pan for extra crispy goodness. Or use the glass lid with oil to infuse on the roasting pans, slowly. Finally, stack the shallow roaster or top of the casserole pan / deep roaster for a double cooker and cook two dishes simultaneously! How fun is that?
The Copper Chef Wonder Cooker is thick cast aluminum with Cerami-Tech Non-Stick Coating. You get built-in, stainless steel induction plates on both the bottom of the Casserole Pan as well as the Lid (Shallow Pan). The Wonder Cooker is free of both PTFE & PFOA.
Visit this link here to enter the giveaway to win yourself this amazing Copper Chef Wonder Cooker 14-in-1 multi-cooker set. One lucky winner will take home this beautiful set. I know you are going to be as obsessed with this functional and fabulous set, as I am!!
Easy Roasted Chicken
My easy roasted chicken is simple enough for even the most novice of home chefs. It takes barely 15 minutes of prep, you get it into the oven, let it do it’s thing and next thing you know, you have the ultimate in comfort food with crispy, golden skin and no fuss. Plus, you can guarantee you’ll have amazing leftovers for the days ahead, perfect for chicken salad or protein to top your Big Meal-Sized Salads or savory veggie breakfast bowls, filling for tacos or wraps and so on. Plus, be sure to save those bones for delicious homemade bone broth!
Roasted Chicken may seem intimidating, but I truly feel this is a staple food that absolutely anyone can master, with a good pan, quality chicken and a thermometer, you don’t need to be an expert. Not only is roasted chicken a perfect dish for wowing and entertaining but it’s also great for simple weeknight meals and meal prep for the week! Is there a more versatile dish.
I used the shallow roaster / grill pan from the Copper Chef set, because with a thin layer of veggies (I used sliced cauliflower florets, but you could also use potatoes or any other hearty veggies) it allows just a little bit of air to circulate under the bird, which I find cooks it more evenly. You could also set the chicken on top of the crisper basket and roast in the casserole pan with lots more veggies. Lots of options. (Don’t forget, enter to win your own Copper Chef Wonder Cooker here.)
As a special offer to Tasty Yummies readers, save 20% OFF your Copper Chef Wonder Cooker by using the code “WC20D” at purchase. It’s valid only on http://www.getwondercooker.com
Easy Roasted Chicken + Copper Chef Wonder Cooker Giveaway
- 1 4 - 6 pound organic whole chicken, giblets and neck removed
- 2 tablespoons Oorganic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or melted butter or ghee
- coarse or flaked sea salt and black pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into quarters
- 1 lemon, halved (optional)
- large handful of fresh herbs, sprigs of rosemary or thyme are my faves
Vegetables to roast with the chicken:
- potatoes, cauliflower, fennel, onion, carrots, squash, parsnips
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Place the top rack in the center of the oven.
- Rinse your chicken with cold water inside and out and dry well with paper towels.
- Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
- Shove the quartered onion, lemon, if you are using and the fresh herbs inside the carcass of the chicken.
- Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil (or melted butter or ghee). Rub it all over evenly.
- Sprinkle the chicken generously with sea salt and black pepper, or any other seasonings you want to include.
- Using some kitchen twine, tie up the chicken legs, tuck the wing tips under the body, if you can. This makes for more uniform cooking.
- Add any vegetables to the roasting pan, toss with a drizzle of olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breast side up, on top of the vegetables.
- Roast the chicken for approximately 1 1/2 hours (more like 1 hour 15 minutes if it's closer to 4lbs), or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. If you see a rosy pink color, it will need more time. Continue to roast, checking every 5 minutes, until juices run clear. To test with a instant read thermometer, insert into the inner thigh (but not touching the bone) it should register 165°F.
- Let chicken rest, at least 15 minutes before carving. Transfer chicken to a platter and serve with the vegetables.Garnish with fresh herbs.
Copper Chef is a sponsor of Tasty Yummies. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for Tasty Yummies.