No. 37 | 6 Tips to Handle the Holidays
If you are ready to ditch the food fear, the shame, the guilt, the extremes and the general dread of holiday food, eating and events – this episode is for you.
Learn about the extremes most people default to during the holidays and why they just don’t work, plus catch my simple tips for creating a healthy holiday season that is not just doable, but actually enjoyable!
If you want to head into the holiday season feeling nourished, well fed and energized – join the Strong All Day Long 5 Day Video Program now. Crush the crash, get a hold of your hanger, master the mid-day slump, kick the constant cravings for sweets, manage your mood swings. This is not a diet and there are no food rules – it’s just 5 days of simple foundational shifts!! You pick your start date: https://tasty-yummies.com/strong
And to make the holidays even easier here are my yearly quick fire tips…
- Ditch the idea that you are either on track or you are off track – as my friend Cristina Curp says “Burn the wagon!”
- Ask yourself those important questions that help you have an awareness BEFORE you go in without a plan.
- Put foods on your plate that make you happy.
- Eat the foods on your plate that make you happy. DO IT!
- Avoid the foods that make you feel like garbage. Or don’t and then be OK with maybe feeling like a hot dumpster fire.
- Give yourself grace – one day is a blip on the radar of your lifetime. Spoiler alert: you can’t undo it all in one day
- Remember: it is not your responsibility to make anyone else comfortable with how you choose to eat.
- STOP GIVING THE FOOD SO MUCH POWER!!!!!
- Get in a holiday workout if you WANT to or don’t. Just don’t burn to earn, push to punish or fast to blast.
- PLEASE JUST ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS!!!
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING:
Since we are still pretty new on iTunes, please do us a solid and SUBSCRIBE and of course, we would be honored if you took the time to rate and review the show, this will help more people find us and help the show to grow! If you liked this episode or others, please share on social media and tag us, share with friends and family, etc – this means the world!