It’s pumpkin spice season and before we dive head first into all the fall baking and making, let’s get down to the basics. Homemade pumpkin pie spice takes but 5 minutes to make and while buying a pre-made blend is just as time effective, I often find the pre-made blends aren’t made to my liking. It’s also more cost effective to make your own, especially considering you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry, already.
Other benefits of making your own: You can also make it in smaller batches, if you prefer, to keep it fresher, keeping it’s strong flavor, for longer. You can tweak the blend to make it to your liking. Adding even more cinnamon or nutmeg if you prefer, dropping the allspice if that’s not your thing, you can fully customize this spice blend to be your own.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice also makes a really great gift, place into a cute jar, add a custom label and a bow, voila! Perfect hostess gifts for fall gatherings, Thanksgiving, etc.
Now that it’s officially fall, I will go through so much of this blend, making my homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte and Almond Milk, various pies and other baked goods and just sprinkling it on whatever I can. I also have some tasty new pumpkin spiced treats coming your way very soon, with this blend, so stay tuned! What are your favorite recipes to incorporate pumpkin pie spice in?
To Make Just Over 1/2 cup:
- ¼ cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
To Make Just Over 1/4 cup:
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
To Make Just Over 2 Tablespoons:
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, whisk or stir together cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves until well combined. Alternatively, add to a jar with extra room and shake it like a polaroid picture.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.