Grain-free Spiced Molasses Cookies – Gluten-free & Dairy-free

Grain-free Spiced Molasses Cookies - Gluten-free and Dairy-free // www.tasty-yummies.com

It has been a very busy few weeks for us, we have had shows every weekend, we have been trying to get our Christmas shopping done as early as possible since we have to ship ALL of our gifts this year. On top of all of this I have had a lot of work to do and I just can’t seem to get it all done. It’s been madness. I am looking forward to Christmas eve when I think all of this craziness will be over and I can truly just enjoy the holidays. My favorite time of year.

We had a bunch of  friends over last night for a little Christmas cocktail party thing. Nothing fancy, just some mulled wine, spiked egg nog, a hot cocoa bar and lots of snacks and treats! Sooo much food, as always! Mark ran to the store and bought a big tray of various gluten-filled Christmas cookies for everyone else, but I wanted to make a fun holiday-inspired cookie that both me and my friend Debbie (who is new to eating gluten-free) could enjoy!

Of all the Christmas cookie options there are, lately I have been craving a good chewy spiced molasses cookie. There is something about the smell of them baking and that nice hint of spiciness – that just gets me every time.

These gingerbread inspired cookies are grain-free and I believe they are paleo-friendly, if you leave off the sugar on top, which is option. These are chewy and full of holiday flavor.

What’s your favorite holiday cookie?

1 Simply called food December 14, 2013 at 6:06 am

It is such a nice Christmas cookie recipe! We are making some this weekend, I’ll try them out!

2 Megan December 14, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Just made a half-batch for a get-together I have tomorrow. Of course, I had to eat one to make sure they were fit to serve to guests! They turned out *fantastic*.

3 Clean Eating -- It's a Lifestyle December 15, 2013 at 10:43 am

Thanks! I will make these today. We have a holiday party at work this week and my boss and I both eat clean so this will be great for us. Everybody else can eat the sugar and flour!

4 Stacey December 15, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I’m super excited to try this recipe! Thanks for posting. One question: I’ve recently had to go egg free. Any suggestions for substitutions in this recipe?

5 Brandy @A Mindful Mantra December 16, 2013 at 11:18 am

Oh my gosh, these look so good! I love festive, molasses cookies. Also, your photos are so great! I love all the detail in them.

6 Hethyr December 16, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Hi. I followed the recipe as written halving the baking soda for high altitude and minus the cinnamon due to an allergy and my cookies were totally flat and melted together… any suggestions? Thanks!

7 tastyyummies December 17, 2013 at 2:20 pm

that’s so weird Hethyr, I am so sorry to hear that. I made them three times already with no issues at all. What brand of almond flour did use? Was it blanched?

8 Hethyr December 17, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I’m not sure of the brand since I bought it bulk, but it is blanched. They look so darn good – I’m going to have to give it another shot. Crossing my fingers for better results this time. :)

9 Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair December 18, 2013 at 8:18 am

These look incredible! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Can’t wait to try it out!

10 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen December 18, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I’m all about ginger and ginger molasses cookies are some of my very favorites during the holidays. Love those crackly tops!

11 liz January 1, 2014 at 6:58 am

These look delicious but your title is misleading when you say “dairy free” and the recipe calls for eggs.

12 tastyyummies January 3, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Hey Liz, it isn’t misleading at all. Please be aware that eggs are not dairy.

13 T.Scholtz March 20, 2014 at 12:21 pm

OMG, I love this kind of cookie…saving to my cookie file for later!!