Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles – Gluten-free + Refined Sugar-Free

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles - Gluten-free + Refined Sugar-Free

If someone tells you they couldn’t devour a large amount of chocolate chip cookie dough, if given a chance, they are lying. There is no way around it. It has to be some of the yummiest stuff that man has ever created. So how about some summer-ready chocolate chip cookie dough, without the flour or raw eggs, the heat of the oven and the mess in the kitchen?

A week or two ago a vegan friend of mine posted a link to some chocolate chip cookie dough popsicles made with whole milk and two kinds of refined sugar. He mentioned wanting to figure out how to make them vegan. I of course decided to help out and veganize the recipe. Yeh, I wanted to help him, but selfishly as soon as he posted the link, I was unable to get them out of my mind and I couldn’t wait to get a cookie dough popsicle into my tummy!

I haven’t been much in the baking mood lately, having had too many cravings for sweets and haven’t wanted to bother with the time it takes to play with a baking recipe. This felt like the perfect compromise, it gave me the perfect amount of sweet, they are so creamy and I didn’t have to spend hours in the kitchen or feel guilty eating a huge pile of cookies.

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles - Gluten-free + Refined Sugar-Free

1 Alissa N June 18, 2013 at 7:39 am

So much excitement!! I can’t contain myself!! I can’t wait to make these, they look so incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Suzanne June 18, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Thanks for sharing this recipe :) I’m so excited for popsicle season! I’ll be featuring a recipe (using my new moulds from IKEA) soon on my blog!

3 Wendy June 19, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I absolutely love your website and your recipes! And your outlook on life!! I’m studying photography and Wildlife is my primary passion but I’m extremely interested in Food Photography as well! The recipes are wonderful as I’m also,GF and dairy free!

Sincerely,

Wendy E

4 Reba - Not So Perfect Life June 20, 2013 at 7:29 am

These look so yummy. I really need to use up some coconut milk!

5 Amy June 20, 2013 at 10:56 am

These look amazing! Thank you for sharing!

6 Becky McWilliams June 20, 2013 at 11:32 am

These sound divine!

7 Meg @ Beard and Bonnet June 20, 2013 at 3:39 pm

You are totally making me drool over here. These look and sound incredible. Going to have to make them…you know though, if you were to ever have too many of these little beauties I live right down the street. Mwahaha!

8 Maggie June 24, 2013 at 8:02 am

There really are no words for a recipe like this Beth. OMG!

9 tastyyummies June 24, 2013 at 11:55 am

Haha thanks Maggie!! I am pretty stoked on how this came out. I will be making these a lot this summer I have a feeling.

10 emma July 10, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Made these!!! SOOOOOOO TASTY!!! I didn’t have any real popsicle forms, but ice cube trays worked well!

11 Mal July 20, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Thank you for sharing!!! I made these last night and they turned out great. Fantastic flavours! The texture was a little crystallized though. Is that normal?

12 tastyyummies July 23, 2013 at 1:48 pm

They can definitely be a bit more icy than a frozen treat with real dairy. I think it is due to the difference in the fats, etc.

13 MOLLIE *THE ALMOND FLOWER* September 13, 2013 at 2:30 pm

HI!
I linked to your recipe in my post for vegan cookie dough (to be eaten by spoon and with a glass of red wine- of course). http://www.thealmondflower.com/2013/08/classic-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough.html
Just want to say that I LOVE YOUR SITE and am so impressed by all that you’ve done. You inspire me to keep working at it!
xoxo
Mollie

14 Natalie May 12, 2014 at 5:20 am

I do not like eating raw cookie dough… no matter the variety! It’s a textural issue for me… bleah! :) But, my husband and daughters love the stuff, so I think I will make this for them and see what they think.

15 June June 7, 2014 at 7:51 am

Can you tell me the nutritional info, roughly of course, of this? I have had RNY surgery, and i am worried about the fat and sugar content. Thanks.

16 Jane Ritz June 14, 2014 at 9:46 am

Thanks for sharing. I need some holders to make them in.