Strawberry Coconut Frozen Fruit Pops / Smoothie – Gluten-free, Vegan + Sugar-free

This week as part of my ongoing Restricted Diet series with Free People, I created a simple Strawberry Coconut Smoothie recipe featuring the beautiful fresh strawberries that are in season here in California right now. I still cannot believe how much earlier in the year they are in season here, they are everywhere and so delicious.

When I made the smoothie to photograph it, I wasn’t in the least bit hungry so I didn’t want to drink it, but I obviously also didn’t want to just pour it out, so I was thinking of what I could do with the mixture. Then I recalled the popsicle molds I got for Christmas from my mom and dad. Perfect!

I just poured the mixture in and let it freeze up. Later that night I was ready for a treat! Here’s the original post on Free People highlighting the smoothie, but I couldn’t let these frozen fruit pops go ignored!

Since there is no sugar or sweetener in these, when they freeze up they aren’t overly sweet. Just the perfect amount sweetness from the bananas and strawberries and just a little tartness, too. If you like things to be a bit sweeter, you can add a little honey or maple syrup, or even try blending 1 or 2 dates into the mixture. Also, depending on how much coconut you add to the mixture, if you decide to, you will see pretty white flecks of coconut in the pops. I didn’t think to add any until it was too late, but next time I certainly will.

1 Simply called food May 2, 2013 at 10:24 am

This looks so refreshing for the summer. I really like the recipe!

2 Sarah May 2, 2013 at 1:48 pm

So cool! I *just* got my Groovy pop molds (in yellow) and they’re pretty awesome! Not to mention that the only stuff I have in the house right now is c. milk/bananas/strawberries.
WIN!!!

3 Kathy May 3, 2013 at 10:33 am

I really enjoy your recipes and your blog, I want to thank you for sharing such lovely special treats that I can actually have and really enjoy. What you do is so very special to me, thank you.

4 Alissa N May 3, 2013 at 11:15 am

I need to get some of those pop molds, these look awesome, and what an easy and healthy frozen treat for summer!!

5 BlueBird Travel May 6, 2013 at 12:58 am

Thank you for the recipe. I really like to try it. It looks so simple to make and I would like to try this with different fruits.

6 Frajes May 7, 2013 at 12:18 am

For some reason I’m very weak for salads. You have some pretty cool recipes!!!

7 Terris | Free Eats May 8, 2013 at 8:30 am

I love these fruit pops. They are pretty to look at and would be a quick and easy summer treat. Great idea to add the chia seeds too. I’m going to have to try that. Lovely blog too!

8 Irene Craig May 15, 2014 at 10:38 am

If you can not get chia seeds, is this okay without?

9 PhillyLD July 20, 2014 at 12:14 pm

These popsicles (and the molds) are fantastic! Even my picky grandson likes them. If he only know how much healthier they are than the store bought varieties. I love making my own now. Thanks Beth =)