Roasted Garlic & Kale Hummus – Gluten-free + Vegan

Roasted Garlic & Kale Hummus - Gluten-free + Vegan

This time of year, I am taking in all the green that I can, while it is still here. Sure the fall is the most colorful time of year around here, but the winters in Buffalo are long, cold and definitely lacking in greenery and fresh local produce.

What better way to celebrate the remaining green and fresh flavors of the summer than a simple dip featuring two of my favorite flavors – roasted garlic and fresh raw kale! I grabbed some beautiful local garlic and kale from the farmers market, and let those be the start and I created my recipe from there.

This hummus is simple to put together and it is filled with layers of incredible flavors. And as with any hummus, this one would be great with rice crackers, tortilla chips, fresh raw veggies, on pizza, in wraps or sandwiches or heck, even just by the spoonful.

Roasted Garlic & Kale Hummus - Gluten-free + Vegan

Roasted Garlic & Kale Hummus - Gluten-free + Vegan

This post was originally shared on the Free People Blog BLDG, as part of my ongoing series.

1 Gabby @ the veggie nook September 16, 2012 at 10:04 am

Oh my goodness, I love this idea Beth! An wouldn’t you know it, I have an abundance on garlic, kale and chickpeas in my kitchen right now ;)

2 tastyyummies September 17, 2012 at 10:09 am

Thanks Gabby! It is quite tasty! I hope you enjoy it if you make it. Have a great week!

3 raechel September 16, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Oh my gosh. This looks absolutely delicious! I have a problem digesting garlic (so sad!), but this would be worth it…I’ll have my digestive enzymes ready to go.

PS: THE NUNATURALS BOX WAS SOO GREAT! They really packed a ton of stuff in there…Thank you so much for hosting that giveaway!

4 tastyyummies September 17, 2012 at 10:10 am

Thanks Raechel. Oh no, so so sad about the garlic. I think this would still be delicious even without the garlic and maybe with some caramelized onions on top. So glad to hear you got the box from NuNaturals and that it had so much stuff. Such a great company, I really enjoy their products. I have to get to playing with more of them soon. Enjoy and thanks again!

5 Maggie September 17, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Beth I live near Toronto, Ontario so I know what kind of winters you’re talking about! I too am savoring all of the fall delights. This hummus sounds absolutely amazing. I’m heading to Free People to check it out!

6 tastyyummies September 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Oh yeh, you know all too well about what lies ahead. I was hoping our move to California would have happened by now, but alas I have another WNY winter ahead of me. I am crossing my fingers for another mild one like this past year!

7 Elizabeth September 18, 2012 at 9:43 am

YUMMMM

8 tastyyummies September 18, 2012 at 11:58 am

It sure is!!

9 belle deparadis September 21, 2012 at 1:17 am

Wow. I ran right out to the store to get chickpeas when I saw this recipe. I was getting tired of my spicy peanut kale. Now I have something spectacular and new!
Thanks so much for this yummy recipe.

10 tastyyummies September 21, 2012 at 10:22 am

Thanks Belle. Yeh I was feeling like I need to come up with a creative way to use up some of the kale around here too. Totally different way. I hope you enjoy this recipe!

11 jjj September 28, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Another yum yummy treat. I eat this as a meal. Awesome. Fresh, green taste. Different. Creative.

12 Laura April 2, 2014 at 3:50 am

Beth, your website is the best thing I’ve found! its abundance of recipes, aesthetic appeal, your enjoyable writing and simply that it caters to vegan-gluten free eaters such as myself, you are a heaven-sent! thank you for all your hard work to make this available for us :)