Sprouted Hummus Cucumber Cups

Sprouted Hummus Cucumber Cups

Ella's Virtual Baby Shower

One of my favorite things about blogging has been connecting and making friends with people who I not only have so much in common with but who I also adore, so much, too. Who knew it was possible to have, what some people would consider to be “perfect strangers”, as some of your most favorite people and some of your closest friends.

Since most of us bloggers are scattered all over the country world, it would be nearly impossible to get everyone together to throw a party in someone’s honor – so the next best thing is a virtual party and today a bunch of us teamed up to do just that! In honor of our lovely friend Ella, of Pure Ella today we are hosting a virtual baby shower for and you are all invited. Ella is one of the most sweet and inspiring people I have met, Ella’s energy, happiness and positivity makes me smile every day and I am so proud to call her a friend, despite the fact that we haven’t even met in the real life. Ella’s beautiful site is filled with delectable, swoon-worthy recipes, that are always so perfectly photographed. Plus, besides all of the yummy goodness, she is always sharing fun creative ideas for healthy living, beauty, home, crafts and more.

I am so happy to be able to get together with some friends today, albeit virtually, to celebrate Ella and her family’s pending new addition.

Pure Ella Virtual Baby Shower2
Whether you have an upcoming baby shower you are attending or you are planning a baby shower, a bridal shower or even your mother’s day brunch – there are tons of incredible ideas here for you to knock your guests socks off. The best part is, every single recipe is both gluten-free and vegan, too!

I am so honored to be sharing my recipe amongst this amazing group of talented bloggers, so please after you check out this recipe, head over to each of their sites and check out their amazing recipes, too. Of course, be sure to pin them, share them, print them out, memorize them or whatever you’ve gotta do – these recipes are all so perfect for entertaining, so I know they will all come in handy at some time or another, whether for an upcoming baby shower, bridal shower or another occasion.

Sprouted Hummus Cucumber Cups

For our little virtual baby shower today, I am bringing these deliciously simple Sprouted Hummus Cucumber Cups. I wanted to create a simple, raw savory finger food that was not just delicious, but that’s also full of amazing, healthy goodness, too. If you haven’t noticed, I have been a tad obsessed with sprouting lately. Beyond the traditional sprouts you would add to your salad, I have also been sprouting just about anything else that I can. I kinda can’t stop.

Sprouted Hummus Cucumber Cups

Sprouted chickpeas have a different taste to them then cooked chickpeas, a bit more earthy and green – but this flavor lends itself so well to a hummus, and you can customize the flavor of the hummus to really, whatever you’d like, I kept it simple with this one. Besides having a unique flavor – by sprouting the chickpeas, you are also making them much easier to digest (you read more about why here) – which means no gassy mishaps at the baby shower. Seriously though, sprouting unlocks the full potential of foods so you are able to absorb much more of the available nutrients. It really is like magic, sprouted chickpeas not only contain much more protein then traditional cooked chickpeas, but you are also getting up to 5 times the vitamins that you normally would get with cooked/canned chickpeas. These sprouted guys are high in magnesium and zinc and they are a great source of complex carbohydrates. So, not only are we getting an incredible and tasty bite-sized baby shower worthy snack – but a nutrient-dense one, at that.

Sprouted Hummus Cucumber Cups

Sprouting is an easy process, no special skills are needed and really no special tools, just some time and patience. I encourage you to check out my how-to post on sprouting, where I go even more in depth about how to do it, what foods you can sprout and all of the many benefits of sprouting.

If you don’t want to be bothered with sprouting, you can just add your favorite homemade hummus to these cute little cucumber cups, instead.

So here’s to the new baby! Enjoy one of these delicious Sprouted Hummus Cucumber Cups and be sure to check out what else is going on at the baby shower at the bottom of this post, below the recipe!

Sprouted Hummus Cucumber Cups

Sprouted Hummus Cucumber Cups

Check out the other delicious dishes we are serving up at Ella’s Virtual Baby Shower:

Emma of Coconut & Berries (Strawberry Orange Rosewater Smoothie)

Gina of So…Let’s Hang Out (Cucumber Mint Limeade)

Sylvie of Gourmande In The Kitchen (Hibiscus, Strawberry, & Rhubarb Iced Tea)

Kris of 80 Twenty (Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus)

Ashley of My Heart Beets (Artichoke Hummus)

Meg of Beard and Bonnet (Shower Worthy Tea Sandwiches)

Rika of Vegan Miam (Sweet Potato Dumplings in Ginger and Jasmine Syrup {Tang Yuan})

Sherrie of With Food + Love (Blackberry + Mango Fruit Salad with Earl Grey Whipped Coconut Cream)

Jenny of Nourished Kitchen (Cultured Coconut Milk & Mango Popsicles)

Richa of Vegan Richa (Dark Chocolate Silk Pie)

Gabby of The Veggie Nook (Lemon Poppyseed Truffles)

Cara of Fork and Beans (Lemon Blackberry Cupcakes)

Winnie of Healthy Green Kitchen (Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes )

1 Pure Ella May 7, 2014 at 7:11 am

Beth, these look amazing!!! ;)
I love the presentation and the taste must be a perfect combination! ;)
Thank YOU for all the sweetness to throw me this Baby Shower!
I am so lucky to have made such great friends like you… even if we have never met!
Thank you so much!
I appreciate this from the bottom of my heart ;)
xoxo ella

2 Meg@ Beard and Bonnet May 7, 2014 at 7:50 am

Beth these are stunning!! I love everything abut them from the flavors, to the styling, to those cute little chives sticking out of the top…wait that’s the styling. Thank you so much for joining the baby shower and helping to celebrate Ella’s little one. It means the world to me and I knwo it means the same to Ella.

Love you to pieces!

3 Cara May 7, 2014 at 8:24 am

*Taking 6 of these while shoving them into my mouth* Mdfljhsfjh shsjdhfs sdf jlkf! Translation: These are GOOD!

4 www.soletshangout.com May 7, 2014 at 9:33 am

Hells yes. Love these cute little snack-y nuggets. We could shove our faces with these and then guzzle my cucumber limeade and see who gets drunk on cucumbers first. Also, will you come over and sprout all my things for me? I feel like that would be best. Love you. xoxox, Yer Tap Dancing Twin

5 rika@vm May 7, 2014 at 10:27 am

Sprouted hummus and chives…what a gorgeous plate, Beth <3!

6 Gabby @ the veggie nook May 7, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Oh wow Beth, these are gorgeous! Finger foods are the most fun things to eat so I don’t think I’d be able to stop myself from eating a whole tray! Awesome participating in this event with you!

7 Emma May 7, 2014 at 12:49 pm

These are just adorable! Definitely being included on the menu for my next “drinks and nibbles” get-together :)
Thanks for the reminder to start sprouting again too. I love sprouts for both the health benefits and the fresh taste.
Adding Tasty-Yummies to my Feedly!

8 Pang May 7, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Your photos are stunning, and I Love your recipe.
I have been following you on instagram, but this is my first time on your blog, and I am so happy :)

What a lovely blog you have here :)

9 Sylvie | Gourmande in the Kitchen May 7, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Haha, I like the no gassy mishaps part. ;-)

10 Johan Bengtsson May 8, 2014 at 6:35 am

Really nice recipe and I will use this for my next party. An excellent snack for all kinds of events.

11 Ashley May 8, 2014 at 10:51 am

Beth, I love this recipe! We totally need to have a hummus party some time :) your photos are stunning, as always!

12 Isadora May 8, 2014 at 11:37 am

I love these! They are so cute and such a perfect little appetizer! You can’t go wrong with hummus and cucumber. Beautiful photos! :)

13 Meredith @ Unexpectedly Magnificent May 8, 2014 at 3:19 pm

These look delicious, not to mention easy to make! :)

14 Richa {VeganRicha.com} May 9, 2014 at 11:58 am

such gorgeous photos Beth! I keep forgetting the goodness in sprouted beans. this is a perfect way to eat more sprouted beans!

15 tastyyummies May 9, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Thanks so much!! I have been so obsessed with sprouting anything and everything lately so I figured – hey, why not? haha

16 Melissa @ Nourish By Melissa May 11, 2014 at 8:45 am

These look beautiful! Such a pretty treat :) Oh and super nourishing! Love it!

17 tastyyummies May 29, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Thanks so much Melissa. I think they are super pretty, too!! And yes, bonus is that they are totally great for you!

18 Elisa May 12, 2014 at 2:35 am

I really don’t know how I could’ve lived so long without sprouting everything. That tastes so much better. I love this idea for some hors d’oeuvre, when guests are over.

19 tastyyummies May 29, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I know right? I feel that way too. Sprout ALL the things ;)

20 Sherrie | With Food + Love May 12, 2014 at 5:45 pm

What a super smart idea! This is really the IDEAL brunch or party food.

So much love for you + ELLA <3

21 Lucy May 24, 2014 at 11:49 pm

This looks delicious. I never considered sprouting chickpeas. As an FYI, smoked paprika is not a raw food. It is produced by cooking the peppers over a wood fire. Paprika is generally made by toasting the peppers.

22 tastyyummies May 27, 2014 at 9:09 am

Thanks Lucy and yes, great point on the smoked paprika :) I would make a terrible raw foodie, I always forget about the little things.