This Paleo Smoked Salmon Dip has become synonymous with party invites for me. Ready in about 5 minutes, with just 4 ingredients, it’s fuss-free at it’s finest. I make with a dairy-free cream cheese, but you can also make with regular cream cheese, as well.
This Paleo Smoked Salmon Dip has turned into a bit of a mainstay this holiday season, for me. I’ve literally brought it to every party, event and dinner, from prior to Thanksgiving and including the holiday straight through Christmas and you can bet this is going to be part of our New Year’s Eve celebrations, too.
With the classic flavors of smoked salmon with cream cheese, with a couple of additional ingredients to maximize the punch of taste, this is a must for parties and it’ll impress even the non-paleo folks, as well.
It takes just about a few minutes to throw together and it’s an absolute show-stopper. You can serve with your favorite grain-free crackers (I really love Simple Mills and Jilz Crackers for grain-free options), gluten-free (I like Harvest Stone’s Gluten-free Sprouted Native Grain Crackers) or regular crackers of course will also work. It’s also amazing on cucumber slices, celery stalks and other veggies.
You can also take the Smoked Salmon Dip and use it more as a spread, on some paleo-friendly bagels, sandwiches and wraps, etc.
With just 4 ingredients, this is going to become a go-to for you this holiday season and beyond, I have no doubts!
Cream Cheese Options:
You can certainly use any regular dairy containing cream cheese spread here (I would suggest full-fat and organic) but, when I am keeing dairy-free (and paleo) I generally opt for a quality dairy-free almond-based cream cheese spread. My go-to is Kite Hill’s plain cream cheese style spread, it’s absolutely delicious. I am literally obsessed with this stuff. Their chive and jalapeño flavors are also amazing in this recipe. You can also make your own homemade dairy-free cultured cream cheese. If you’d rather, you can grab a high-quality lactose-free cream cheese, too.
- 4 ounces smoked wild-caught salmon, roughly, finely chopped (I use Alaska Gold)
- 8 ounces cream cheese spread (I prefer to use an almond-based cream cheese style spread like Kite Hill)
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Your favorite grain-free or gluten-free crackers OR cucumber slices and other veggies
- additional smoked salmon, dill, capers, jalapeno and/or chives, to garnish
- Add the roughly chopped salmon to a bowl, add the cream cheese, shallot and dill. Mix well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.