30-Minute Sweet Potato and Kale Coconut Curry {Gluten-free and Vegan}

30-Minute Sweet Potato and Kale Coconut Curry {Gluten-free and Vegan}

I have been all about the simple healthy one-pot meals, as of late. Life has been hectic for us. Lots of work, deadlines, house guests every two to three weeks, commitments, shows and so on. I am certainly not complaining, such is the life of the self employed. But, some days by the time I am done cooking and creating recipes for the blog, editing photos and writing back all the emails – by dinner I am actually just too exhausted to make any sort of feast. The sad truth is that as a food blogger sometimes my own meals get forgotten, I am so focused on making the recipes that I have planned for the blog to share with all of you. Plus,the idea of tons of prep, lots of steps, loads of dishes – it all seems overwhelming and unwelcomed at the end of a busy day, especially a day that included much of just that.

30-Minute Sweet Potato and Kale Coconut Curry {Gluten-free and Vegan}

A good 30-minute, one-pot meal means that, besides a few minutes for cutting up a few ingredients and dirtying a cutting board or knife, dinner is done before you can blink an eye. Just like that, you can sit down and enjoy a nutritious home-cooked meal with your love and the clean up after is next to nothing. Enter this super easy 30-minute Sweet Potato and Kale Coconut Curry.

30-Minute Sweet Potato and Kale Coconut Curry {Gluten-free and Vegan}

This curry has an incredible flavor from the the fresh ginger and the coconut milk, plus of course, the red curry paste, which has a subtle heat and a wonderful hint of lemongrass. I go heavier on the red curry paste than most, since I love that flavor and I can’t get enough. If you want a more subtle taste and tad less heat (though I don’t personally find red curry spicy at all) go for just 1 or 2 tablespoons.

This curry is definitely super good on it’s own, but you certainly can serve it over rice (we like basmati), quinoa or even cauliflower rice for a totally grain-free pale0-friendly dish, which was also really enjoy. Add some cilantro, red pepper flakes, a squirt of lime juice, green onions, or even coconut flakes, when serving. And of course, besides savoring every bite of this, be sure to also enjoy the lack of dishes after you are done.

30-Minute Sweet Potato and Kale Coconut Curry {Gluten-free and Vegan}

Do you love curry as much as we do?

Check out some of my other curry recipes:

Butternut Squash & Chickpea Coconut Curry (Crock Pot Recipe)

Butternut Squash & Chickpea Coconut Crock Pot Curry

Spring Cleanse - Broccoli and Chickpea Curry - Gluten-free + Vegan
Broccoli and Chickpea Curry

Baingan Bharta (Roasted Eggplant Curry) - Gluten-free + Vegan

Roasted Eggplant Curry (Baingan Bharta)

Red Kuri Red Curry - Gluten-Free + Vegan
Red Kuri Red Curry

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links – your cost remains the same, but I earn a small percentage to help support this blog. Thank you, your support is so appreciated.

1 Simply called food April 29, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Coconut and curry is an amazing combination! The sweet potato must really add something to it! I love it!

2 tastyyummies May 29, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Thanks I agree coconut and curry is what dreams are made of. Sweet potato really does compliment it all very nicely. Thanks!

3 dishing up the dirt April 29, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I love meals like this when life is too hectic! Beautiful and tasty.

4 tastyyummies May 29, 2014 at 6:22 pm

I agree, so nice to just throw something together and not have to think too much! Thanks!

5 Abby April 29, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I made this for dinner tonight with a few changes, using ingredients I had on hand. I added zucchini, substituted swiss chard for the kale, and left out the peas. It was delicious!

6 tastyyummies May 29, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Yay I am so glad you enjoyed this Abby. I love your additions and substitutions. Yum!

7 Kristin May 10, 2014 at 9:32 pm

This looks absolutely delicious. I have a few sweet potatoes sitting on my counter just waiting to be used for this meal.

8 tastyyummies May 29, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Thanks so much Kristin. I hope you enjoy(ed) this if you make it. :)

9 Elisa May 12, 2014 at 2:33 am

“he sad truth is that as a food blogger sometimes my own meals get forgotten,…” HAHAHA :D If that could only happen to me sometimes. I always think about food and what to eat next ;-)

Love the recipe by the way, I’m on my way to the kitchen right now to get some lunch going, I guess this will it!

10 tastyyummies May 29, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Oh don’t be fooled, I am always thinking about food too, I just sometimes spend so much of my day creating the meals to share here on the site that I am eating dinner for lunch or breakfast for dinner and things get all screwy and I have no desire to cook when I should be ;)

11 marquis @realrawkitchen September 25, 2014 at 6:58 am

This looks and sounds so delicious. I love playing with curry and this seems like such a solid recipe, simple recipe. I also LOVE the one pot idea. I agree, sometimes it’s easy to get so wrapped up in prepping for the blog and then taking care of Life stuff that we forget to just take care of ourselves. This kind of meal helps take care of everything at once haha

12 Andrea T. December 10, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I made this tonight…it was really good. Thank you for the great recipe!

13 Beth @ Tasty Yummies December 14, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Awesome Andrea, that makes me so happy to hear that. Thanks for taking the time to comment and let me know.