Southwestern Quinoa Bites Recipe with Avocado Dipping Sauce – Gluten-free and Vegan

This month of guest-bloggers just keeps on going and bringing more and more of my favorite foodie ladies here to share amazing treats with you guys. Today, we have the amazingly talented Cara, of Fork & Beans, with us, sharing an incredible recipe that would be perfect for your Super Bowl party this weekend or heck for any occasion really and they are a super creative way to use up some of your leftover juice pulp!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Beth. Oh Beth. My love story goes way back with this girl from almost the beginning of Fork & Beans. I adore her personality from behind the computer and in person–she is the kind of girl you want fighting on your team. It is of my upmost pleasure to be here with all her loyal readers–YOU–sharing this recipe today!

Southwestern Quinoa Bites - Fork & Beans

Over the past couple years I have become a huge lover of juicing. I even bought an Omega (which I LOVE) and I now make a tradition of going to the farmer’s market every Sunday to buy fresh produce to juice at home for the entire week. The thing about juicing, however, is that there is a ton of pulp left over from the vegetables. I always feel guilty about throwing it all away because there is still food to be eaten despite the fact that it is the leftover fiber of the vegetables and fruit. I just never really have known what to do with it (translation: I never put that much thought into it) That is, until now.

Southwestern Quinoa Bites - Fork & Beans

Now I am starting to get creative with all that extra fiber and beginning to throw it into everything I can think of. About a year ago I made these Italian Quinoa Bites which were a HUGE hit (and unbelievably good!) and it immediately hit me that the pulp would pair perfectly with a new-and-improved flavor. And trust, it so is! These make the perfect appetizers or even meal in and of itself.

Southwestern Quinoa Bites - Fork & Beans

me3 (2) Cara is the face behind Fork & Beans. Hell-bent on making it her mission to make allergen-friendly foods creative and tasty, everything you will find on her site is gluten, egg, and egg-free. Follow her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. You can also pre-order her upcoming all-desserts Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking Cookbook! book

1 Jan January 28, 2014 at 9:21 am

Such a fantastic idea. Guilt from trashing pulp, begone!

2 Meg @ Beard and Bonnet January 28, 2014 at 11:15 am

What a great way to use my leftover juice pulp!!! I love this recipe, thanks Cara:)

3 The Peace Patch January 28, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I love the Italian version…I bet these are crazydelicious too! I’d love to try these with finely crushed chips for the coating. I’ve got a couple of bags of Beanfields (so addicting!) with just the last crumbs left in them…this might be the perfect use for all those tiny leftover bits. Many thanks to both of you for the recipe! :)

4 Lisa January 28, 2014 at 1:14 pm

I love how I discovered both Tasty Yummies and Forks and Beans in the past month and now I see you are connected as well. Looks like a delicious and creative recipe. We are on the the GF, Dairy Free, Soya Free and Egg Free diet at our house now for 3months and going strong for another 3 months. These are just the kind of recipes that make it pretty easy. Thanks!

5 Emma January 28, 2014 at 3:00 pm

These look so so tasty. I love little bites like these for quick lunches. I want to make the original Italian quinoa bites now too :)

6 Brittany January 29, 2014 at 10:12 am

These quinoa bites look absolutely delicious and I’m so glad you guest posted for Beth today because now I’m going to go check out Forks and Beans!

7 Gina @ So Let's Hang Out January 29, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Hi. I’m Cara. I’m a genius. NBD. 😉

8 Audrey February 1, 2014 at 7:46 am

These look absolutely amazing! Can’t wait to try them. Thanks Cara & Beth!

9 Melissa @ Nourish By Melissa February 2, 2014 at 3:31 pm

These look incredible! Definitely going to check out Fork and Beans :)

10 Alicia April 9, 2014 at 9:53 am

I made these last night and they were really good but they didn’t stay together very well. Any tips on how to keep them from falling apart?! Some of them were alright until I tried to turn them in the pan.

11 Archana June 15, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Thank you for the recipe. But the audio ads are such a turn off and there is no way to mute them. Please note.

12 tastyyummies June 16, 2014 at 7:32 am

Thanks Archana, I haven’t experienced any audio ads that auto play on my site, but the ads on my site are customized to people based on previous searches and location, etc. Can you recall what the ad was for and/or where it was located? I would love to look into it, I too hate auto playing audio ads, so thanks for the heads up.