Grain-free No-Bake Gingerbread Cookie Balls {Gluten-free & Vegan}

Grain-free No-Bake Gingerbread Cookie Balls {Gluten-free and Vegan} // www.tasty-yummies.com

Gingerbread is one of my absolute favorite holiday flavors. It’s right up there with dark chocolate and mint anything and of course, nog-flavored goodies. I don’t always have the patience to make a full batch of gluten-free cookies, especially not the kind you have to roll and cut out, then decorate. These no-bake cookie balls are an amazing way to enjoy the unique flavor of gingerbread cookies without the work and the guilt! I love a sweet treat that not only satisfies your cravings, but doesn’t leave you feeling bad about what you just ate. Plus, between the protein from the nuts and the iron from the molasses, one could even argue these cookies are extra good for you!

I am sharing this yummy and healthy holiday recipe today as part of my ongoing series with Free People.

Get the full recipe for these Grain-Free No-Bake Gingerbread Cookie Balls HERE.

1 Khadijah Zainalabidin December 5, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Hi,
What if I want to make a nut-free version? Any changes?

Thanks.

2 tastyyummies December 5, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Hi there, yes it would need major changes to be nut-free, since the base of this recipe is nuts. I would say you may want to find another recipe since taking out the nuts and replacing them with anything else would be an entirely different recipe. Oats could work, but you would be missing the fat from the nuts so you would likely have to add something else. Unfortunately this just might not be the recipe for you. Sorry.

3 Simply called food December 5, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Maybe with sunflower seeds it would work. It doesn’t taste the same but in term of texture it could maybe get close to that. The recipe looks awesome and may be worth the try!

4 Meghan December 6, 2013 at 7:15 pm

This looks delicious! Could I use coconut rolled dates? I only have coconut rolled dates in the house and want to make this tonight!

5 Gabriella December 7, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Hi Beth!

These sound entirely awesome! Gingerbread is the taste of Christmas to me :) I was thinking of giving these as presents and am just wondering how long you think they would keep for? Also if they would take being covered in chocolate instead of coconut?

Thanks!
Gaby

6 tastyyummies December 7, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Gabriella, I would say they should keep for about 5-7 days. Covered in chocolate sounds yummy too, I like the coconut because it makes them look like little snow balls ;)
Thanks so much. xo