Before we get into the cookbook and my review, if you aren’t already following and reading Danielle’s blog Against All Grain, you have seriously been missing out. Danielle’s site is filled with incredible gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free recipes that will have you drooling on your keyboard within minutes. I had the pleasure of sharing a recipe with her readers this past fall, while she worked on this book and it was an honor, to say the least, to be among such beautiful creations.
I had the wonderful opportunity to preview this cookbook, Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great, weeks before it’s release date yesterday and I have to say it is even better than I could have imagined. Although I am 100% gluten-free I do not follow a paleo diet, exactly, though I have been much more aware over the last two years of just how much grain and starch I consume. I do have to say I have noticed a huge difference in how I feel when I have been eating less grains. I am fortunate that I am not faced with any sort of major health issues complicated by grains so I can dabble with elements and recipes from the paleo diet, but I am not forced to follow it 100% of the time. I like that for myself. The beauty of this cookbook and what I love about Danielle’s blog, is even with a strong focus on paleo eating I don’t feel like I am being bombarded by meat recipe after meat recipe. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I myself just don’t eat a ton of meat. This book is loaded with a variety of types of recipes, cuisines and there are even a few vegan recipes.
Danielle’s recipes are delicate and light, simple, approachable and easy-to-follow no matter what your kitchen experience is. Danielle found an incredible healing by way of her diet (you can read about her incredible health transformation here) and her commitment and passion shows in every single page of this book, right down to the beautiful photography, all done by her. Against All Grain is much more than the average cookbook, Danielle’s knowledge of food and healthy eating provides us with a guide of sorts, filled with advice, tips, suggestions, replacements, etc. The book is well organized, properly labeled for simple searching of diet specific recipes and so well designed. Whether you are forced to follow a specific diet or you simply just eat/live a healthier lifestyle, this cookbook really is a must for your shelves.
Last night I took a break from work to try Danielle’s Grain-free Rosemary Breadsticks from the book. I opted to go with basil instead of rosemary since it complimented the heirloom tomato salad I was serving with dinner. The breadsticks were so simple to make, I had everything on hand in the pantry and they turned out so beautifully. Not only did I love them, but my gluten-eating, carb-loving hubby couldn’t get enough of them. They are soft and chewy and have so much flavor from the fresh herbs and the garlic. Besides these breadsticks, I now have an insanely long list of recipes from this book that I cannot wait to make, like the grain-free chips and salsa, the blueberry waffles, snickerdoodle cupcakes and her incredible looking hamburger buns.Oh shoot, who am I kidding, I want to make everything in there! It is all looks amazing!
If you wish to purchase Danielle’s brand new book Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great you can grab it now from Amazon! If I haven’t quite convinced you yet to run over and buy this book immediately, I am giving away one copy of the book to one lucky reader!
Giveaway: One Copy of Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great by Danielle Walker
To enter – you have five chances to win, enter as many ways as you would like :
1) Sign up to receive Tasty Yummies emails. This entry is mandatory to participate in this giveaway. You MUST be on the email list to be eligible to win. Enter the email you are signed up with in the Rafflecopter Widget below, to continue. (You are welcome unsubscribe at anytime after the giveaway is over, though I of course hope you won’t. In the very near future, I will be sending out exclusive email-list only content that I hope you will stick around to see.)
2) Share the post on Tasty Yummies Facebook page about this giveaway on your own wall. This entry will earn you 10 entries. This isn’t mandatory but it is encouraged, it gives you lots of extra chances to win.
3) Check out the Against All Grain cookbook over on Amazon – click here to check it out, read the description, the reviews, etc – then verify below that you checked it out. This isn’t mandatory, but you can earn 10 entries with this one.
4) Like both the Against All Grain and the Tasty Yummies Facebook pages, verify this in the widget below. (if you already follow the pages, just follow the prompts and you will still receive an entry.)
5) Leave a comment below saying why you are excited to get the Against All Grain cookbook, make sure to verify that you did so in the Rafflecopter widget.
This giveaway is limited to US readers only.
Once the winner has been notified, you will have 48 hours to respond. If no response received within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.