As part of my ongoing Restricted Diet Series with Free People, I created a simple list of some of my favorite gluten-free breakfast ideas.
Breakfast seems to be one of the toughest meals for those new to a gluten-free diet. So many people new to the lifestyle contact me to ask my thoughts on the various options, what is available and what is easy. I find breakfast to be quite easy on the contrary, I feel like once you realize all the naturally gluten-free options plus what you can easily recreate yourself, the possibilities are endless!
This was shared on the Free People Blog BLDG 25 as part of my ongoing series, see the original post here 15 Gluten-Free Breakfast Ideas.
Here are some of my favorite naturally gluten-free breakfast ideas:
1) Yogurt (dairy or non-dairy) topped with fresh fruit and/or toasted nuts, seeds, homemade granola, etc.
2) Homemade gluten-free granola with your favorite milk or non-dairy milk (recipe: Orange Spiced Granola with Black Mission Figs and Pistachios).
3) Smoothies (SOOO many options! Try this Strawberry Coconut Smoothie).
4) Eggs – scrambled, hardboiled, fried, omelets, frittatas, etc. (recipe: Summer Harvest Frittata).
5) Breakfast tacos on corn tortillas (scrambled eggs or scrambled tofu is great inside).
6) Oatmeal (certified gluten-free, of course).
7) Chia pudding (recipe: Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding).
8) Buckwheat (or other gluten-free flour-based) pancakes.
9) Gluten-free waffles (recipe: Banana Pecan Waffles).
10) Sweet potato or veggie hash, maybe with some bacon added and a poached or fried egg on top, if you aren’t vegan! (Recipe: Sweet Potato and Poblano Hash).
11) Gluten-free Breakfast cookies (recipe: Strawberry Coconut Breakfast Cookies).
12) Warm cooked millet, amaranth or quinoa topped with a little maple syrup and some fresh fruit.
13) Homemade gluten-free cereal or energy bars (recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars).
14) Fresh fruit.
15) Homemade gluten-free bread or muffins (recipe: Whole Grain Chocolate Zucchini Muffins).
What is your favorite gluten-free breakfast?