Salted Caramel Cheesecake – Gluten-free, Vegan + Sugar-free {Guest Post by Spabettie)

A Very Tasty Thanksgiving - COMING SOON to Tasty-Yummies.com

This next post in our Thanksgiving series comes from one of my favorite bloggers, Kristina of spabettie. I am not sure how, but every single time I open my google reader, there always promises to be at least one, if not more, amazing new recipes from spabettie. Every one looking even better than the last. I don’t know how she does it. Kristina’s recipes are always so delicious, healthy and totally approachable, plus you can tell she really has fun creating all of it. This recipe for Salted Caramel Cheesecake is definitely no exception and would make the perfect Thanksgiving dessert instead of all of the sugar and dairy-filled usual suspects. Enjoy.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Salted Caramel Cheesecake – Gluten-free, Vegan + Sugar-free

I am always honored when asked to appear on another website – especially when asked by someone like Beth – who shares the same ideals, is wonderfully creative, who is a bright spot in my days! I am thrilled to be a part of Beth’s Thanksgiving Series – I so love the holidays.

The dessert I created for Beth is a classic spabettie recipe – free of many ingredients but still insanely delicious! There are three layers and several steps, but this is a straightforward and simple recipe that is a proven crowd-pleaser!

Salted Caramel Cheesecake – Gluten-free, Vegan + Sugar-free

Salted Caramel Cheesecake – Gluten-free, Vegan + Sugar-free

Thank you, Beth – and thank you all for reading – Happy Holidays!

spabettie focuses on (mostly!) healthy recipes with vibrant fresh foods – choosing clean and organic, while leaving room for indulgence. Kristina enjoys the challenge of making a ‘regular’ recipe vegan and or gluten free, and creating unique recipes from scratch.

Visit Kristina’s blog spabettie

You can also follow Kristina on:

Twitter: @spabettie
Instagram: @spabettie
Facebook: facebook.com/SpabettiePage
Pinterest: @spabettie

1 Shirley @ gfe November 15, 2012 at 9:21 am

Oh, it makes perfect sense that this decadent vegan delight is from Kristina! She has outdone herself once again! I can see folks adding the ingredients for this cheesecake to their shopping lists now. Cheesecake + Salted Caramel = Swoooon and one heavenly Thankgiving! Off to share …

Shirley

2 Kristina November 15, 2012 at 1:02 pm

thank you, dear Shirley! I have already heard this is part of some holiday plans, and it makes me SO happy! XXO

3 Kate@Diethood November 15, 2012 at 9:24 am

Hi Beth! You have a beautiful blog!
Kristina, this cheesecake sounds amazing! And it’s healthy?! Score! We can be neighbors if you like… just make sure this pie is in your fridge…like, always. :)

4 Kristina November 15, 2012 at 1:03 pm

thank you, Kate!! yes, we would have fun as neighbors, most definitely! and I DO always have SOME kind of goodie in my freezer, so you’d be a happy neighbor! XXO

5 Margo November 15, 2012 at 10:46 am

I’m very allergic to cashews. Would a blend of macadamias & almonds give a similar texture?
thanks!

6 Kristina November 15, 2012 at 9:08 pm

hi Margo – it would absolutely work – macadamias give an incredible creamy texture.

7 Alissa N November 15, 2012 at 4:15 pm

This looks so amazing!! I am not a huge fan of normal cheesecake, and this one just looks so much more delicious!! Perfection. Thanks for sharing!!

8 Kristina November 15, 2012 at 9:11 pm

thank YOU, Alissa – happy to hear you think so, as a non cheesecake fan… :)

9 vegantester November 15, 2012 at 7:09 pm

wait, is it pecans or hazelnuts in the crust? the pecans are listed in the ingredients but the instructions say hazelnuts.

10 Kristina November 15, 2012 at 9:10 pm

sorry about that – this one had pecans (I was going off my hazelnut crust recipe, mistakenly didn’t change that.)

this crust is pecans – the same amount of hazelnuts would work also.

11 Lou November 15, 2012 at 8:48 pm

My oh my – so much delcious-ness. I’m a huge sucker for anything caramel ;)

12 Kristina November 16, 2012 at 3:32 pm

me too, Lou!! wish I could send some across the world to ya! XO

13 Lora @cakeduchess November 15, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Kristina’s blog is one of my favorites too. I want to try each and every fabulous recipe. I just LOVE this raw cheesecake and want to take a big bite now:)Beautiful blog, Beth. Nice to find you through Kristina:)

14 Kristina November 16, 2012 at 3:33 pm

thank you, dear! you know I feel the same way about your creations as well! wish I could walk across the street, knock on your door and bring you some cake! :)

15 beachmama November 25, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Beautifully simple ingredients! I’ve yet to try Irish moss but this may be the one recipe that gets me to finally take the plunge!

16 Meredith April 16, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I’m having trouble finding Irish Moss in stores…and plan on making the recipe for this weekend (so no time to order online). Will xanthan gum work as a substitute? If so – how much should be used instead of the irish moss paste? Thank you!