Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash Salad – Gluten-free + Vegan

Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash Salad - Gluten-free + Vegan

With the start of fall I am fulling embracing all things fall-food related, pumpkin, squash, apples, etc. For my next post in my September series of recipes on the Free People blog BLDG 25, I am sharing a beautifully vibrant salad full of some of my favorite Mediterranean flavors. This spaghetti squash salad is so simple and so delightful, it is hard to believe that the entire thing is basically just veggies. If you haven’t yet experimented with a spaghetti squash, get on that ASAP, especially while they are in season.

Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash Salad - Gluten-free + Vegan

While the beautiful colors outside are starting to show themselves and summer has all but faded away, this salad is a wonderful celebration of all of it. Embracing the last bit of summer with fresh local tomatoes and of course, the fall with the delicious and versatile spaghetti squash. This salad is great vegan or if you aren’t vegan or dairy-free, it is wonderful with a small bit of crumbled goat cheese feta over top. Head over to the Free People blog, BLDG 25, now to get the full recipe.

1 Gabby @ the veggie nook September 23, 2012 at 8:56 am

Oh wow I love all the colours in this salad! Spaghetti squash is a favourite of mine, I definitely need to pick one up next week!

2 tastyyummies September 23, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Thanks Gabby, aren’t the colors wonderful? Yeh I love how versatile spaghetti squash is, so much you can do with it. I have another one that I cannot wait to make something with.

3 Sarah Jenkins September 23, 2012 at 5:21 pm

wow this salad is so gorgeous and full of so much fresh good stuff. yum.

4 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit September 24, 2012 at 8:38 am

Oh boy are you embracing it. I love it! Fall is my favorite foodie time. So many comforting dishes. I love the idea of spaghetti squash in a salad. Headed over there now :)

5 tastyyummies September 24, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Oh yeh I cannot get enough of it. I have this long list of fall-inspired dishes I want to make, on my iPhone. Now to just find endless time to spend in the kitchen for the next month or two!! I find this time of year to be so insanely inspiring!

6 Janae @ Bring-Joy September 24, 2012 at 1:28 pm

So, so pretty, Beth. I’m a fan of the spaghetti squash–it’s naturally gluten-free & the most natural kind of “pasta”!

7 tastyyummies September 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Thanks Janae. I have another one in the pantry that I cannot wait to get creative with. Such a versatile little squash isn’t it?